• quote:

quote:

Have you checked Regional Options on the server. I seem to remember having this problem before and always struggled with it. I have my servers set to British the date formatted to dd/mm/yyyy and dd mmm yyyy. I do what mlwang does and use yyyy-mm-dd format for input and matching. I know that if you use dd mmm yyyy format you will never get date problems but it can be a pain at times.

I get the same problem and I am running my server under English. To get around I can use

SET DATEFORMAT dmy

however I don't need to for my purposes. So do check to make sure the default language is the same for both servers.

Also, you should note default language has to do with users created so open SQL Server Logins and look at the user you logged in with to make sure their settings are the same. If you find the server was setup wrong change then you can look here http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/contributions/325.asp for a script I posted to change the default laguange of all the users in one go.

Thanks that one fixed the problem I had set the default langauge to British English but the user accounts on there where still set to English, it was just lying under my nose :).

Thanks a million.

Parses over a big bag of cookies