Home Forums SQL Server 7,2000 T-SQL nt_username in sysprocesses table is blank in one server and not in the other. RE: nt_username in sysprocesses table is blank in one server and not in the other.

• Mike:

I believe that you are on to something. However, I believe that it has to do with the Server and not with Client.

You said “your tests involved changing the Client configuration only”. Was this on the Client or on the Server? The remote clients do not have the client Network Utility installed on their PC’s. I do have it installed on my PC.

You said, “Maybe the clients who connect to the other server are configured for Names Pipes only. Or, maybe the server is configured for named pipes only.” I believe that it is the Server configuration that is coming into play here. Can you tell me how to make the change on my Server to Named Pipes to see if this solves the issue?

When I run Client Network Utility on both the remote and local servers I see the same results. Under the General Tab: Enabled protocols by order: TCP/IP and Named Pipes. Under the Network Libraries tab: Named Pipes is listed first followed by TCP/IP, etc.

Also, do you have a recommendation on which net_library is best to use?

Howard