• Thank you "golfer" and Bob for your reply.

Something has gone wrong with my previous answer (preview destroyed my entire text!!), so I will try again (without preview this time).

The last few days I've been busy and I've come up with the following solution

I've made 3 tables: TbRijdersTimes, TbRiders and TbTimes. Apart from these "core-"tables there is a TbTournamentData.

TbRidersTimes links to TbRiders. TbTimes links to TbRidersTimes on TimesTempID.

Both tables are fed from TbTimesTemp with queries.

To put data back together I don't use a crosstab query (why didn't I think of trying that??). The reason for this is that for each distance I need 3 dimensions (Time, position and remarks). In row heading you can have 3 dimensions but as far as I know in column headings you can have only 1 (?). Instead I made a query for each seperate distance.

For combining data I start with TbTournament, than TbRidersTimes, than TbRiders. After this I add the query for each seperate distance. I join each directly to TbRidersTimes, so if a rider didn't race each distance, the others are still in the result. After adding the queries I change each join-property to a left join. It works! For large amounts of data it is slow, but its use is intended for each seperate tournament and the amount of riders per race is limited, so performance will not suffer.

Problem is that I cannot change data, but using a crosstab query would have the same problem.

For changing data I need an other solution. I have already an idea so I have to work on that!

Thanks again

Hein