• Preamble: I too studied environmental studies at UNI. and saw that all I was going to be able to do is point my finger(s) after the fact. So I found gainful employment in literally high-speed linear motor operation.

So here goes the finger pointing (spelling and grammer aside):

We are just a small part of this planet's biosphere, to think we can turn it into one big park is rediculous. These computers, the internet, and all that goes into keeping it running in some cases keep people alive, and when you allow for less reliable technologies for constant electrical output to have a greater percentage of the production power, lives will be lost. Would you like it when your in the middle of surgery or landing on the runway and they say well its not windy enough or its too cloudy for us to keep the lights on or power the infrastructure you need to complete the task at hand. Now that said, geo-thermal will cover most heating/ac costs and better / cheaper electrostatic precipitators will scrub the pollutants from the manufacturing (maybe auto) process. I'm sure when gas prices hit five dollars a litre auto congestion will really sort it self out. But remember the police, fire dept's, ambulances use those roads (tar refined from oil / tar sands) and gas as well. Sorry, but I say leave the tides to the moon and surfers, and stick to centralised sort of nonrewable conventional production stations.

Though I'm sure what any of this has to do with SQL its a nice change of pace. (I take that last statement back ... Im not SMRT enough to read the forum title.)