Action required to delay execution of objects within a ForEach loop

• Hi,

On ServerA I have a SSIS package that contains a For Each Loop container. Within the container there is an ‘Execute process task’ which produces a scheduled task on ServerB. The task is scheduled to run 1 minute later than the current system Time and produces a csv file on ServerB. I use the AT command to perform this.

My problem is that I do NOT want to perform any of the further tasks within the loop until this task is executed (i.e. until the csv file exists). How can I delay the execution of the next object until this is performed?

Not sure this helps at all, but the next object in the container is a 'File System Task'

Thanks in advance,

• Thanks for your tme guys - but I think I found a good web link that helped resolve my issue. Basically, I added a For Loop container after my Execute Process Task. Please see link below if interested..

http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamiethomson/archive/2006/10/23/SSIS_3A00_-Put-a-package-to-sleep.aspx

• Okay, you got me curious. Why delay creating the file by a minute?

(I'd probably just have used a T-SQL WAITFOR command, instead of a loop.)

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply