Adding commas to numeric values

• I'm assuming this is an easy formatting option, but I cannot seem to find any documenation as to how to do it. I am writing a query where I would like to add the comma separator to numeric values. For example, one of my result fields may contain a number such as 10000, that I would like to format as 10,000. The results are simple text outputs from Query Analyzer. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance- Jeff

• Do it client side... This is not a job that the server should be doing.

• I second that - this is a display issue, not a storage one!

Remi - on an aside I wanted to tell you that I was struggling with a query for a looong time and suddenly this morning everything was crystal clear thanks to some of your reponses to various posts! Thanks again for your GREAT T-sql!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Which query??

• Cause I don't remember posting queries, or messages.

• Today .

• Remi - I never posted my problem (I HATE asking for help - big drawback! 🙁

I just followed some of your reponses to "other" posts and figured out my solution by using those...

• What was the problem (first step in being able to ask when it happens again )???

• problem is solved for now!

ps:It's more fun following other posts than starting your own because you (at least I) learn so much more that way! <;-)

• As shown by my modest number of postings .

You still haven't learned to express yourself about your problem. This is puzzling for a women. Wouldn't you be a transexual by any chance???

• Hey - no gender based remarks s'il vous plait!

You get me started on those and you will LOSE big time! You may be the master of t-sql but us women always have to have the last word (& WE'RE ALWAYS RIGHT! - EVERYTIME!)<;-)

• I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.  I don't care that you are a TS or not.  But I think you really to stop fearing the look of others over your weakness.  If you don't expose them you'll never grow as a programmer, even less in life.  I was just trying to push you past your limit and make you a better person.

Sorry again.

Can we still be friends??

• Remi - I cannot afford to not be friends - once I've learned everything you have to teach then maybe....<;-)

As for fearing the look of others...most people on scc are ok - but if I ever get blasted by the likes of Joe Celko I'll never survive the sarcasm and his withering remarks! 🙁

ps:je ne suis pas un ts!

• I was gonna reply with this, but that wouldn't be right .

##start

Arguments score :

Rémi : 1

Sushila : 0

Thanx netscape : How to Finally Win an Argument with Your Woman

...and you told it was impossible to win an argument with a women...

##end

On a final note, as long as you don't post ridiculously deranged design, you shouldn't fear his wrath.

C U Monday.

• Did you win ?! When ?

is it weekend in Canada already ?!

ps:I know you're a huge fan but I'm sorry I don't like his style - it's one thing to have a lot of knowledge - it's quite another to be impatient with those who don't have as much - there're different ways of conveying a msg and he always takes the "strike 'em dead" path...greatness is only diminished when accompanied by arrogance!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply