Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Hi Steve, I was wondering if you received an email I sent to webmaster@SQLServerCentral.com about an upcoming re-publication of an article I wrote way back? Are articles typically republished?

If so, I have made peace with that particular topic, http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/cursors/65040/, and the thought of rehashing arguments on cursors I thought I had long left in the past gives me indigestion. πŸ˜€

Gaby

• GabyYYZ (6/11/2010)

Hi Steve, I was wondering if you received an email I sent to webmaster@SQLServerCentral.com about an upcoming re-publication of an article I wrote way back? Are articles typically republished?

If so, I have made peace with that particular topic, http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/cursors/65040/, and the thought of rehashing arguments on cursors I thought I had long left in the past gives me indigestion. πŸ˜€

Interesting looks like Gaby's been hit with a bit of DBCC Timewarp...

By Gaby Abed, 2010/06/18 (first published: 2008/12/24)

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• GabyYYZ (6/11/2010)

Hi Steve, I was wondering if you received an email I sent to webmaster@SQLServerCentral.com about an upcoming re-publication of an article I wrote way back? Are articles typically republished?

Steve often does republish popular articles, usually on fridays. I had one of mine republished earlier this year, a second one will be in July.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (6/11/2010)

GabyYYZ (6/11/2010)

Steve often does republish popular articles, usually on fridays. I had one of mine republished earlier this year, a second one will be in July.

Ahh, thanks...Steve, go ahead and publish it. I'll steel myself against a new round of "discussion".

Gaby

• I'm hearing vuvuzelas in my sleep.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• The Dixie Flatline (6/14/2010)

I'm hearing vuvuzelas in my sleep.

They are the perfect gift for children...whose parents you dislike...

I don't want to hear about your dirty, dirty dreams...

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• GabyYYZ (6/11/2010)

GilaMonster (6/11/2010)

GabyYYZ (6/11/2010)

Ahh, thanks...Steve, go ahead and publish it. I'll steel myself against a new round of "discussion".

Gaby, I just read through that thread, and gotta tell you, it was one of the more interesting discussions. I think that would be a good article to republish, hoping that folks would take the time to read the results that it generated.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• We do republish on Fridays and holidays. Perhaps we should do it more as plenty of people don't see every article, or are new to the site.

If the discussion brings up points made, feel free to just refer people to previous places in the discussion.

Me too.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Lynn Pettis (6/11/2010)

Anybody out there know much about this individual, scott.pletcher?

I know we have several MVP's here on SSC, but most of you don't advertise it, and perhaps its just me but the tone in his responses seems to lean to the arrogant side a tad.

No Lynn, it's not you. He IS arrogant.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• GilaMonster (6/14/2010)

The Dixie Flatline (6/14/2010)

Me too.

I haven't seen any matches yet, but tonight they're playing Italy vs. Paraguay.

Vuvuzelas will get soon into my sleep.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Edit: job done. Thanks Gail.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Well done on the "Mentor" thread, Gail.

Hope he stops.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Gianluca Sartori (6/14/2010)

Well done on the "Mentor" thread, Gail.

Hope he stops.

It seemed to me that the argument was coming from one side today. It appeared that Jeff bailed on it a few days ago.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 15,766 through 15,780 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply