Are the posted questions getting worse?

• It happens in basketball as well. People flopping, which annoys me just as much. I like it when the referees let them play more, but what I don't like is them inconsistently calling the impact.

I'd like to see technical fouls there for play acting.

Maybe we ought to get penalty kicks for play acting in soccer. Might make the game more exciting.

• Trey Staker (6/29/2010)What is new are the dang vuvuzelas. I watched most of the world cup with the volume off. Just watching one game with the volume on will haunt my nightmares for years to come.

...it just so happens that the sound produced by the vuvuzela is generated in a relatively narrow frequency range - mostly at 233 Hz, 466 Hz, 932 Hz, and 1864 Hz.[/url] Block those frequencies electronically and you remove that buzzing while preserving most of the rest of the noise of the games.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Steve Jones - Editor (6/29/2010)

Or just let them hit a little harder πŸ™‚

Hit what a little harder? The opponent or the ground? :hehe:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• The noise from those things is annoying. I wish they'd block them from the broadcast. I watched a touch of US/Ghana and Eng/Ger and it was very, very annoying. I'd ban them from the stadium. Couldn't imagine being there and listening to that the whole time.

• The England team went to visit an orphanage in South Africa this morning, "its so good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling, and facing the impossible" said Jamal, aged 6.

Note: I am an England fan, so this quote is said in as loving and bitterly disappointed a manner as a parent who supports their underachieving children.

Gaby

• rjohal-500813 (6/28/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (6/28/2010)The question reads "What will be the output of the following?" and none of the answers is correct.

If the question was "Which of these options best represents the output" then there would be a correct answer.

It's not the loss of a point which folks find frustrating - it's knowing that they've been prevented from providing a correct answer by a clunky and unnecessary error.

I agree with you up to a point - the question and answers are clumsy. However 7 pages worth of people whining is laboring the point (no pun intended:-)).

Heh... no whining about 7 pages of whining. πŸ˜›

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• I like a little cheese with my whine.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• The Dixie Flatline (6/29/2010)

I like a little cheese with my whine.

One Dairylea triangle to four bottles of Merlot...? πŸ˜€

• Coincidence ? , homework ? or left hand not talking to right hand ?

Both similar problems , 2000 to 2008 upgrade , udf performance

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic945233-392-1.aspx

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic945210-392-1.aspx

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Dave Ballantyne (6/30/2010)

Coincidence ? , homework ? or left hand not talking to right hand ?

Both similar problems , 2000 to 2008 upgrade , udf performance

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic945233-392-1.aspx

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic945210-392-1.aspx

I initially posted a cross-post warning on both threads and I realized they were not the same problem and different OPs...

-- Gianluca Sartori

• This is the first time that one my articles did not bring out any discussion. It was rated very good, but it is very quiet... πŸ™‚

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (6/30/2010)

This is the first time that one my articles did not bring out any discussion. It was rated very good, but it is very quiet... πŸ™‚

Lucky...still shell-shocked from the discussion on mine. For my next topic, I will keep away from talking about cursors and stay with something everyone can agree on, why autoshrink is a good thing. πŸ˜€

Happy Canada Day for all Canadians north of the 49th and in the diaspora!

Gaby

• GabyYYZ (6/30/2010)

Roy Ernest (6/30/2010)

This is the first time that one my articles did not bring out any discussion. It was rated very good, but it is very quiet... πŸ™‚

Lucky...still shell-shocked from the discussion on mine. For my next topic, I will keep away from talking about cursors and stay with something everyone can agree on, why autoshrink is a good thing. πŸ˜€

Maybe a really big article on the best way to nest views inside of views inside of views all while joining views. I think that would really help the community... Oh, and, I have this nifty bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell you, cheap.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Maybe I can try to write how nHybernate can create optimized code if we configure it bad... :hehe:

-Roy

• GabyYYZ (6/30/2010)

Is it not Canada Day for Canadians in Canada south of the 49th?

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

Viewing 15 posts - 16,066 through 16,080 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply