Are the posted questions getting worse?

• GilaMonster (11/5/2010)

Roy Ernest (11/5/2010)

Ah Crap and double crap. Hurricane Tomas is threatening again. It is turning to the east and the tail is once again coming over the island. Why cant it just leave us alone and go away....

Eeep. Is there time to pack up and go somewhere else?

Time to move to Seattle?

I hope it turns out not to be too bad for you.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Today my oldest son (9) fell off a swing, landed wrong on his arm and is on the way to the ER with his mother because I'm pretty sure he broke it or dislocated his elbow. Hoping it isn't too bad and that he doesn't have to wait too long at the ER.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Roy Ernest (11/5/2010)

Ah Crap and double crap. Hurricane Tomas is threatening again. It is turning to the east and the tail is once again coming over the island. Why cant it just leave us alone and go away....

I have to say that this puts a potential broken arm back into perspective.

Jack Corbett

• Oh Crap...Sorry to hear that Jack. Hope it is just some bruising and no dislocation.

We should be Ok. But for our island could get it bad. My kids school was flooded from last the rain. They are still trying to clean up the mess. Their school will re open on Monday. If it rains again like that, I do not think it will reopen anytime soon

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (11/5/2010)

Fingers crossed.

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• Roy Ernest (11/5/2010)

At least it's heading towards the north-east (away from you), and it appears to be between Cuba and Haiti right now. It's really going to slam Haiti. I'll be praying for you, and everywhere Tomas is going.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Jack Corbett (11/5/2010)

Today my oldest son (9) fell off a swing, landed wrong on his arm and is on the way to the ER with his mother because I'm pretty sure he broke it or dislocated his elbow. Hoping it isn't too bad and that he doesn't have to wait too long at the ER.

Big bummer for any parent, especially for the one who is preparing to travel.

I hope everything turns out for the best.

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• Jack Corbett (11/5/2010)

Today my oldest son (9) fell off a swing, landed wrong on his arm and is on the way to the ER with his mother because I'm pretty sure he broke it or dislocated his elbow. Hoping it isn't too bad and that he doesn't have to wait too long at the ER.

Been there done that (self with dislocated elbow) and son with broken arm (fell off playground equipment) - neither is much fun.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Thanks Everyone. This time I hope the Government is more prepared and start rescuing people earlier.

-Roy

• Much luck, Roy. May your rain be soft and pretty, instead of sideways and flipping trees. 😀

On a lighter note, I made into the top 5 posters for the month. :w00t:

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• ALZDBA (11/5/2010)

Jack Corbett (11/5/2010)

My wife always said "I'm glad we didn't have boys"! My nephews, broken bones, stitches, etc. I have two girls and so far, no ER trips....

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• Congrats Craig on getting to the top 5.:-)

-Roy

• tosscrosby (11/5/2010)

ALZDBA (11/5/2010)

Jack Corbett (11/5/2010)

My wife always said "I'm glad we didn't have boys"! My nephews, broken bones, stitches, etc. I have two girls and so far, no ER trips....

Had one last year with my daughter. Concussion when she fell off the rope swing.

Diagnosis is in. Displaced fracture about 2 inches below the elbow which requires surgery to be set properly. Local ortho doesn't do kids (which makes me happy) so they are shipping Evan to Arnold Palmer Children's hospital for the procedure. He gets an ambulance ride there.

Jack Corbett

• Late to the party, but I think everyone has been to the ER in the last 10 years except for my oldest.

- My wife leads the way with a broken arm, broken collarbone, torn soft stuff in ankle, migraine.

- My middle kid for a broken finger while playing on a shopping cart. My wife took him while I finished getting groceries

- My daughter walking on extremely hot paving stones (red rock) in our backyard when she was 1. 2nd degree burns on both feet.

Me? We were moving into the new house 5 years ago, I was bringing one of the last loads over in the horse trailer. Unloading. I walked under one of the dutch doors, but apparently not low enough. Dug it into my head nicely. I finished unloaded, my wife came home and see my holding a small towel on top of my head. Told me to go to the ER and get 8 stitches on the crown.

• Does dislocating my shoulder at least 13 times count?

Surgery twice didn't completely fix the problem. 🙁

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 21,226 through 21,240 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply