Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/21/2011)

Anyone here do a lot of .NET work and willing to travel/speak on those topics? Might have some funding for you.

Jeff, maybe we can entice you into the CLR world :-D:w00t:;-):hehe:

I do a lot of .NET; run a 2nd business making data driven web apps. Not sure if my skill set matches what you are looking for since requirements went posted. (We can't talk about development without discussing the missing or vague requirements, can we.)

That said, I've only done a little on the CLR in SQL Server side. Not a big believer that baking .NET code into SQL Server is better than putting it in the middle tier of a web app. But probably better than triggers. Maybe if coding in SQL CLR is more 'normal' than it is now. But I currently think the mystery behavior will confuse new developers/DBA's without making a billboard sized note in the technical docs.

But I could demonstrate how to do that and work up some examples and a PowerPoint presentation if Jeff, Paul, Gail, Ron or others don't want to or are not in a position to.

Funding? I guess this is not part of the SQL Saturday events then?

Jim Murphy
    http://www.sqlwatchmen.com
    @SQLMurph

Just an update, the horse looks good. Vet came today, said there will be a scar, but full recovery expected.

Thanks so much for letting us know!

-Ki

Just an update, the horse looks good. Vet came today, said there will be a scar, but full recovery expected.

Good to hear.

Did you find the cause yet ? ( prevention measures )

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• WayneS (6/21/2011)

Stefan Krzywicki (6/21/2011)

I spent the weekend visiting friends in Richmond. House prices down there are really low, but I don't know that there's enough of a market down there and I don't like the area very much. Phoenix strikes me similarly and doesn't have the draw of old friends.

Richmond, VA? That's the general area where I'm at.

I really can't take the summer heat down in VA. Even this past Saturday felt a bit much to me as I walked around town. I was also saddened by the shrinking of a record store that I used to look forward to visiting. It is called Plan 9 and used to have this huge basement full of used music, now the basement is closed.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Can someone who knows something about offline files / filegroups, backups and full text indexes help out here:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1128022-357-1.aspx?Update=1

OP seems to think the problem is his Full Text Indexes, but I've never heard of a problem like this with FTIs. And I've run out of things to suggest.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• ALZDBA (6/22/2011)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/21/2011)

Good to hear.

Did you find the cause yet ? ( prevention measures )

No, walked all around the property, can't find a place where there was impact, though there are quite a few places that I worry about. Will remediate those.

Can't make things completely horse proof, unfortunately, and as skittish as the beasts are, they do tend to hurt themselves.

• Jim Murphy (6/21/2011)

I do a lot of .NET; run a 2nd business making data driven web apps. Not sure if my skill set matches what you are looking for since requirements went posted. (We can't talk about development without discussing the missing or vague requirements, can we.)

send me an email or a pm if you're interested (sjones at ssc)

Good to hear.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Make sure you remember to schedule regular log backups.

Chad

• Chad Crawford (6/22/2011)

'Monback... 'Monback... 'Monback...

<CRASH>

That's good!

"Monback Brothers Moving Backup Company."

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Chad Crawford (6/22/2011)

Chad

Driving this in reverse is what comes to mind here.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Where'd you get the pictures of my yard?

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (6/22/2011)

Where'd you get the pictures of my yard?

My lawyer says I shouldn't answer those questions any more...

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Skynet

Google Streetview

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 27,541 through 27,555 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply