Are the posted questions getting worse?

• From next week Thursday I am going on a vacation for half a month. Since I did not want my email client to crash with all the notification from the THREAD, I was trying to unsubscribe from it.

But I cant find it...:crazy: The THREAD has taken over SSC.

-Roy

• I don't know if it helps, but you could click "Topic options" on the top right corner, "Subscribe to Topic" and choose "No email notification (just add to list)". I'm not sure, but it would expect it to change your subscription type.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Also, I'm not using the email client to read SSC notifications.

I set up an email filter that forwards all emails from "notifications@sqlservercentral.com" to a nice email to RSS service called mmmmail.com and then deletes the message. That way, I can read the notifications with an RSS reader without filling my mailbox.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Stefan Krzywicki (6/23/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (6/23/2011)

Are any of you people going to be a GenCon, pretending to be geeky gamers?

I'm going to be running some Shadowrun events for Catalyst as well as signing books for 2 hours.

Sadly, no. We talk about going every year, but other things seem to get in the way.

Shadowrun RPG or CCG?

RGP and possible Live.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• bitbucket-25253 (6/23/2011)

Nah we are all here sucking on those frozen beer popsicles that Jeff hordes in his freezer.

Well, if you were a dust bunnie that knew how to write code, you could have some. ๐Ÿ˜›

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• SQLRNNR (6/23/2011)

Jeff Moden (6/23/2011)

Craig Farrell (6/20/2011)

Don't even get me started on the incredibly interesting answers I've gotten for "Describe two differences between Truncate and Delete".

BWAAA-HAAA!!!! Such easy questions! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Everyone knows they're spelled differently and have a different number of letters! :hehe:

They are?

Truncate = D R O P T A B L E

Delete = D R O P T A B L E

I don't see the diff.

Heh... man, you don't know how close to home that hits. ๐Ÿ™‚

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Gianluca Sartori (6/24/2011)

I don't know if it helps, but you could click "Topic options" on the top right corner, "Subscribe to Topic" and choose "No email notification (just add to list)". I'm not sure, but it would expect it to change your subscription type.

I tried this. Let us see if that will work.. ๐Ÿ™‚ Looking forward to this vacation. Going with my kids. This is the first time they are going to see India. Hope they see elephants walking on the road. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (6/24/2011)

Gianluca Sartori (6/24/2011)

I don't know if it helps, but you could click "Topic options" on the top right corner, "Subscribe to Topic" and choose "No email notification (just add to list)". I'm not sure, but it would expect it to change your subscription type.

I tried this. Let us see if that will work.. ๐Ÿ™‚ Looking forward to this vacation. Going with my kids. This is the first time they are going to see India. Hope they see elephants walking on the road. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope the kids have a great time, you too of course. I've been wanting to go to India someday. It is definitely on my list of places to go. Of course, you also have to decide where to go in India (if you're a tourist like me), it is a big place.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    Itโ€™s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    Whatโ€™s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• I was born and lived india for half my life. So I am not a tourist. The state where I am from is known as the Gods on country since it is so beautiful and green.

BTW, the email notification still came after I set the subscription as to list. ๐Ÿ™

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (6/24/2011)

I was born and lived india for half my life. So I am not a tourist. The state where I am from is known as the Gods on country since it is so beautiful and green.

BTW, the email notification still came after I set the subscription as to list. ๐Ÿ™

I thought that might be the case (that you're not a tourist), but didn't want to assume. : -)

What is the name of the state, if I may ask.

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.

• Also, after you post, there's a bar that says you're subscribed at the top of the posts. To the right of that there's a link for "Edit Subscriptions" If you click that, it'll take you to a page where you can unsubscribe. That'll stop the emails.

• Roy Ernest (6/24/2011)

Enjoy your trip!

-Ki

• Stefan Krzywicki (6/24/2011)

Also, after you post, there's a bar that says you're subscribed at the top of the posts. To the right of that there's a link for "Edit Subscriptions" If you click that, it'll take you to a page where you can unsubscribe. That'll stop the emails.

Yes, given that you find the thread to unsubscribe. I never cancel subscriptions and my list is really huge.

Roy, you could temporarily change your email address into "something@mmmmail.com" and then change the address again when you're back.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Jeff Moden (6/24/2011)

bitbucket-25253 (6/23/2011)

Nah we are all here sucking on those frozen beer popsicles that Jeff hordes in his freezer.

Well, if you were a dust bunnie that knew how to write code, you could have some. ๐Ÿ˜›

I don't know about over there .... but over here the weekend has started :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Now I can finally open my first achieved bottle of "Tournรฉe Generale Tripple Hop"

I'm sorry most of you will have to do with the picture :-D, but FWIW, join me with your favorite beverage to start the weekend :smooooth:

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution ๐Ÿ˜€

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• My state name is Kerala. This is the official site of Kerala tourism[/url].

I will try to edit the subscription again and see if that work. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thx Kiara for the wishes.

-Roy

Viewing 15 posts - 27,601 through 27,615 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply