Are the posted questions getting worse?

• SQL Saturday lists Jack slightly below 5' 7"

I'll claim 6', but I think I'm 5.9999' tall πŸ™‚

• I guess I am the shortest here...:-) I am just 5'6". πŸ˜€

The chance of meeting anyone from THE THREAD is very remote for me since I am not in the US. πŸ™

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (3/24/2009)

I guess I am the shortest here...:-) I am just 5'6". πŸ˜€

The chance of meeting anyone from THE THREAD is very remote for me since I am not in the US. πŸ™

Well, if you're just going by height, I got you beat, Roy, I'm 5'1". But then, I'm a girl so if you're going for the shortest male on The Thread, you might be the winner.

As meeting anyone on the Thread... well... if someone goes for a vacation... it is possible for them to visit. πŸ˜‰ I'm in the Tampa area, it's not that long a plane flight. Or cruise. :smooooth:

edited to correct typo

-- Kit

• Then I think I will win the Shortest Male here. πŸ™‚

I dont travel to US because of all the hassle with Visa and all that. Its too much of head ache to get a visa to US. Europe is quite easy for me. But US, Its too much. :crazy:

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (3/24/2009)

Then I think I will win the Shortest Male here. πŸ™‚

I dont travel to US because of all the hassle with Visa and all that. Its too much of head ache to get a visa to US. Europe is quite easy for me. But US, Its too much. :crazy:

Sorry Roy, but the onlyway I would get to 5'6" is with platform shoes. I'd be happy to be called 5'4".

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Dagnamit, I loose that one as well.....:crying:

How many of you all travel to Europe for Pass?

-Roy

• To steal from Ron White: I'm anywhere from 5'10" to 6'2", depending on which convenience store I'm leaving. πŸ™‚

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Is it me or are the people we are trying to help just getting dumber, or do we need to start commenting are code a lot more heavily?

• Hahahaha Lynn, Maybe you should not have put Drop Table statements in the end. :hehe:

Maybe you should edit your post and state that you should not use the Drop Table statements. πŸ˜‰

-Roy

• Lynn Pettis (3/24/2009)

Is it me or are the people we are trying to help just getting dumber, or do we need to start commenting are code a lot more heavily?

I think that would have required some pretty heavy commenting.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Kit G (3/24/2009)

Roy Ernest (3/24/2009)

I guess I am the shortest here...:-) I am just 5'6". πŸ˜€

Well, if you're just going by height, I got you beat, Roy, I'm 5'1". But then, I'm a girl so if you're going for the shortest male on The Thread, you might be the winner.

As meeting anyone on the Thread... well... if someone goes for a vacation... it is possible for them to visit. πŸ˜‰ I'm in the Tampa area, it's not that long a plane flight. Or cruise. :smooooth:

edited to correct typo

Good Lord. Do you have six siblings, by any chance?

Oh, bless you! Didn't mean to make you sneeze!

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

Is it me or are the people we are trying to help just getting dumber, or do we need to start commenting are code a lot more heavily?

Hell yeah - but at least this guy's honest about it :hehe:

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Roy Ernest (3/24/2009)

Hahahaha Lynn, Maybe you should not have put Drop Table statements in the end. :hehe:

Maybe you should edit your post and state that you should not use the Drop Table statements. πŸ˜‰

I can see the thread...

I URGENTLY need some SQL to do .... to all our historical data....

Try this test codecreate table test ...

insert test ....

select ... from test

update test ....

drop table test

HELP!

I changed the name 'test' to our archive table and tried your code after deleting the create statement because our archive already exists and I got an error and now I can't find the data!

By the way, what does the statement 'drop table' do? I use SSMS to create, edit and delete tables.

Please! This is our master production database!

You should have been working on a copy! You'll have to restore from a backup.

What is a backup and where do I find it?

Unfortunately, there are probably people out there....:w00t:

Derek

I've had the same issue where I had about 5 more posts just to explain the test data and I commented that it created test data.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Chris Morris (3/24/2009)

Lynn Pettis (3/24/2009)

Hell yeah - but at least this guy's honest about it :hehe:

Well, he is honest with us. But I have a feeling he is sitting someplace doing a test.... πŸ™‚

-Roy

Viewing 15 posts - 2,881 through 2,895 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply