Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Ninja's_RGR'us (11/22/2011)

What do you guys think of this as a first house?

http://passerelle.centris.ca/Redirect2.aspx?CodeDest=I2V&NoMls=MT8619554&Source=

Fantastic house, location seems perfect.

Only one drawback that I can think of, and that drawback is when sitting at your computer here on SSC or composing your next book, you had better draw the curtains over those windows, or you will be spending more time looking at the view than working. Must be spectacular as the trees change color in the fall, and as the new leaves bud out in the spring. --

GO for it ....

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Wow. My coworkers are having way too much fun with this DBA in Space thing. They really want to vote me off the planet. (The joke emails keep coming).

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• I start a new job in less than 2 weeks and it is a telecommute. I need to buy a new monitor and chair for my office. Any recommendations? I have a limited budget for this.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack Corbett (11/22/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (11/22/2011)

Jack Corbett (11/22/2011)

http://passerelle.centris.ca/Redirect2.aspx?CodeDest=I2V&NoMls=MT8619554&Source=

Looks like a decent place. Not knowing French or the real estate market in that area it's hard to say.

In my area of NH you'd get a decent 2 bedroom place for that price.

Tx for the feedback.

Top right, there's an english button!

Is it echo in here??

Yeah, I missed that.

Looks like that place is only about an hour or less from my sister's house in VT. If I had a passport I'd be able to visit you the next time I visit my sister, but without a passport I think my stay would be longer than you'd like 😛

No problem, plenty of hotels, B&B or prisons around here :-D.

I start a new job in less than 2 weeks and it is a telecommute. I need to buy a new monitor and chair for my office. Any recommendations? I have a limited budget for this.

1 trillion is a limited budget. 😀

What's yours??

• Brandie Tarvin (11/22/2011)

Wow. My coworkers are having way too much fun with this DBA in Space thing. They really want to vote me off the planet. (The joke emails keep coming).

Tell them they get time off for as long as you're gone. Should get you plenty of votes! :hehe:

• bitbucket-25253 (11/22/2011)

Fantastic house, location seems perfect.

Only one drawback that I can think of, and that drawback is when sitting at your computer here on SSC or composing your next book, you had better draw the curtains over those windows, or you will be spending more time looking at the view than working. Must be spectacular as the trees change color in the fall, and as the new leaves bud out in the spring. --

GO for it ....

I had the same problem here :-D. And yes the view is spectacular, especially on the weekdays that end with "day".

Book , what book?

You guys seem to know way more than I do about this upcoming book I supposedly have coming.

I'll visit tomorrow if possible. Definitely a winner if I don't find anything wrong in the inspection.

• Koen Verbeeck (11/22/2011)

In Belgium, that would be a cheap house :blink:

It certainly looks nice. Not really my style and it could use some renovation and garden work, but what a view! I wish I had a view like that, and my house costs 3 times more. (bleuh, stupid house market over here)

edit: had to brush up my French.

Looks great from the outside. Here in the Boston area, that much money would get you a parking space.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

I start a new job in less than 2 weeks and it is a telecommute. I need to buy a new monitor and chair for my office. Any recommendations? I have a limited budget for this.

What's yours??

I have no idea how much an office chair would cost. Let's say no more than $400 total.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• L' Eomot Inversé (11/22/2011)

Evil Kraig F (11/21/2011)

Tom: Christie Brinkley? I've seen that pose somewhere on one of the 80's models, but well, it's a bit common and tiny. Hard to determine a few details there... 😉

No, she's a decade older than Christie Brinkley.

Francoise Hardy

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

What's yours??

I have no idea how much an office chair would cost. Let's say no more than $400 total.

A 400$ chair will get you a lot of choices, mine was 250$ and really happy with it. "Bottom" line is go try a few of them and buy the one you like. It,s your butt on the line here, not mine :-D.

Chair recommendation:

Multiple Point Adjustment Office Chair[/url]. Very comfy. I have two at home and they have saved my back.

As far as the monitor goes, are you using a PC or a laptop? Do you want flat screen or big monster? How many monitors will you be using (1, 2, N)?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Anything that will get by until the budget is less limited 😉

Learn Extended Events

• Stefan Krzywicki (11/22/2011)

Koen Verbeeck (11/22/2011)

It certainly looks nice. Not really my style and it could use some renovation and garden work, but what a view! I wish I had a view like that, and my house costs 3 times more. (bleuh, stupid house market over here)

Looks great from the outside. Here in the Boston area, that much money would get you a parking space.

Here we think paying for parking is wrong and that 5$ / day is insanely high :-D.

Stefan Krzywicki (11/22/2011)

Koen Verbeeck (11/22/2011)

Here we think paying for parking is wrong and that 5$ / day is insanely high :-D.

I agree - $5 is high.

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 32,071 through 32,085 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply