Are the posted questions getting worse?

• And the secret ingredient is . . . . you have to use a cursor!

jc 🙂

I'm so happy someone else has seen that show. I loved the original series from Japan. Two episodes I would like to have seen:

1. The secret ingredient is..... GODZILLA !! A giant reptilian foot crashes through the ceiling of Kitchen Stadium and the chefs attack it with cleavers, hacking off chunks before the creature can move away.

2. The challenger is Dr. Hannibal Lecter... and the secret ingredient is.... Chairman KAGA!!

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious (4/29/2009)

And the secret ingredient is . . . . you have to use a cursor!

jc 🙂

I'm so happy someone else has seen that show. I loved the original series from Japan. Two episodes I would like to have seen:

1. The secret ingredient is..... GODZILLA !! A giant reptilian foot crashes through the ceiling of Kitchen Stadium and the chefs attack it with cleavers, hacking off chunks before the creature can move away.

2. The challenger is Dr. Hannibal Lecter... and the secret ingredient is.... Chairman KAGA!!

Excellent ideas, especially the second!

The American version is just disappointing compared to the original. My favorite was the dude with the four-foot knife. No compensation going on there.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• tosscrosby (4/29/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2009)

You know, I can think of some one else that, IMHO, ranks right there with our favorite White House window washer, and here is his latest post.

The desert isn't big enough at times.

And he's worried about being "unique" on this site? Personally, if I were he, I'd want to remain as anonymous as possible! 😉

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic661095-61-1.aspx%5B/quote%5D

Did you see this one?

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic648101-61-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (4/29/2009)

tosscrosby (4/29/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2009)

You know, I can think of some one else that, IMHO, ranks right there with our favorite White House window washer, and here is his latest post.

And he's worried about being "unique" on this site? Personally, if I were he, I'd want to remain as anonymous as possible! 😉

Did you see this one?

Wow...how did he get up to SSCommitted?

Gaby

• SSCCommitted you can get it by just staying in this thread... Like what I do... :hehe:

-Roy

• Entirely too easy get to points for answering the QOTD instead of posting. Plus, there's no guarantee of the quality of any posts, just a number.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Roy Ernest (4/29/2009)

SSCCommitted you can get it by just staying in this thread... Like what I do... :hehe:

ahhh...well in that case, I'll start responding more here. 😀

Gaby

• Gaby Abed (4/29/2009)

GilaMonster (4/29/2009)

tosscrosby (4/29/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/28/2009)

Did you see this one?

Wow...how did he get up to SSCommitted?

Posting many questions but not learning very much from any of them.

• Luke L (4/29/2009)

Entirely too easy get to points for answering the QOTD instead of posting. Plus, there's no guarantee of the quality of any posts, just a number.

-Luke.

Hi Luke

Seems to be not only the QOTD. Just viewed the profile and "Show all posts by this member..."

I confirm the second adoption. Many points only means many posts, not many knowledge about SQL Server 😉

Greets

Flo

• Bruce W Cassidy (4/28/2009)

[font="Verdana"]This morning I had an idea. After I had had a bit of a sit down to recover from that novel feeling, and to reassure myself that I'd soon return to my normal state of empty headedness, I decided to ask a question here.

That question is in regard to articles. I've read a lot of (excellent, not so excellent, occasionally funny) articles on this site, and they tend to be aimed at the technical stuff.

Is there a good range of design or data architecture articles? If so, can someone point me to them? Failing that, would they be a good topic for me to write? I'm not feeling up to the technical challenge of competing with some of the gurus here (Paul White's doing a fantastic job of representing the country!) But I do have a fair amount of experience in the design/architecture area.

Good idea, or bad?

[/font]

Good idea. Even if there are already good articles, you can just reference those. Almost always good to get a new viewpoint on a subject.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Luke L (4/29/2009)

Entirely too easy get to points for answering the QOTD instead of posting. Plus, there's no guarantee of the quality of any posts, just a number.

-Luke.

Which is why you can't judge the value of the help you get just by the number of posts the individual has made. You have to judge it by the quality of the responses themselves.

• My rating should be "Threadhead" instead of Ten Centuries, but I'm making it a point to spend more time answering questions than "chatting" here in The Thread. 😉

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• I confirm the second adoption. Many points only means many posts, not many knowledge about SQL Server

Bugger! I lose in both counts :laugh:

Which is why you can't judge the value of the help you get just by the number of posts the individual has made. You have to judge it by the quality of the responses themselves.

Damn! Make that three :crazy:

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Lynn Pettis (4/29/2009)

This was brought up before. Brad M. McGehee had posted something right around that time and I noticed that he has a very low number of point.

If you judge posters by their points then you should ignore anything Brad says. I think this an excellent example for NOT judging people by their number of points.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Florian Reischl (4/29/2009)

Luke L (4/29/2009)

-Luke.

Hi Luke

Seems to be not only the QOTD. Just viewed the profile and "Show all posts by this member..."

I confirm the second adoption. Many points only means many posts, not many knowledge about SQL Server 😉

Greets

Flo

Hey I've made SSCertifiable like that, so anything's possible. 😛

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

Viewing 15 posts - 3,781 through 3,795 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply