Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Brandie Tarvin (12/9/2016)

rodjkidd (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/8/2016)

rodjkidd (12/7/2016)

Eirikur,

I'm about a 20 minute walk to the High Holborn Caffe 1882. Let me know if you still want to meet up today?

Chris, are you about?

Rodders...

Oh poo. Sorry I missed it - didn't get home until midday yesterday.

And i've only just caught up with this... Oops

Next time Chris!

Rodders...

You guys need to exchange phone numbers. Text messages have far quicker notifications than The Thread. @=)

Does that little ole island across the pond even do text messages?

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• We had them before the US, didn't we?

• Beatrix Kiddo (12/9/2016)

We had them before the US, didn't we?

I think their uptake was much much quicker this (right) side of the pond, not sure on respective implementation dates.

• Beatrix Kiddo (12/9/2016)

We had them before the US, didn't we?

Yup. According to Wikipedia, December 1992. I know you shouldn't rely on it as a primary source, but...

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

• ChrisM@Work (12/9/2016)

Brandie Tarvin (12/9/2016)

rodjkidd (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/8/2016)

rodjkidd (12/7/2016)

Eirikur,

I'm about a 20 minute walk to the High Holborn Caffe 1882. Let me know if you still want to meet up today?

Chris, are you about?

Rodders...

Next time Chris!

Rodders...

You guys need to exchange phone numbers. Text messages have far quicker notifications than The Thread. @=)

Oh Brandie that would be far too sensible!

And we wouldn't want to be considered as sensible in any way shape or form:-D

😎

Obviously since SMS is an implementation on the SS7 which does not cost the carriers a penny, we wouldn't want to indulge them with using that service which they charge for with a 100% markup;-) Free WiFi is the norm now (in civilised countries) so the Thread is the perfect communication platform.

• Eirikur Eiriksson (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/9/2016)

rodjkidd (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/8/2016)

rodjkidd (12/7/2016)

Eirikur,

Chris, are you about?

Rodders...

Next time Chris!

Rodders...

😎

Obviously since SMS is an implementation on the SS7 which does not cost the carriers a penny, we wouldn't want to indulge them with using that service which they charge for with a 100% markup;-) Free WiFi is the norm now (in civilised countries) so the Thread is the perfect communication platform.

And it's fast! Thursday is good 😉

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• ChrisM@Work (12/9/2016)

Eirikur Eiriksson (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/9/2016)

rodjkidd (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/8/2016)

rodjkidd (12/7/2016)

Eirikur,

Chris, are you about?

Rodders...

Next time Chris!

Rodders...

😎

Brilliant, usualis?

😎

• Friday, hectic day as I get ready for SQL in the City next week and a flight across the water on Sunday.

Then I'm off for a week, so if I'm not responding, that's the reason.

Everyone have a great Christmas and happy holiday season.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/9/2016)

Friday, hectic day as I get ready for SQL in the City next week and a flight across the water on Sunday.

Have a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/9/2016)

Friday, hectic day as I get ready for SQL in the City next week and a flight across the water on Sunday.

Have a safe trip(s) and a Merry Christmas.

• Eirikur Eiriksson (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/9/2016)

rodjkidd (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/8/2016)

rodjkidd (12/7/2016)

Eirikur,

Chris, are you about?

Rodders...

Next time Chris!

Rodders...

😎

Brilliant, usualis?

😎

Oops. Just to prove Brandie right I've only just caught up with the thread!

So sorry we missed meeting up Chris.

But anyway Brandie if we didn't use the Thread for things like this, how else would the Threadizens know about what we were or were not up to :w00t: 😉

The week way fun. The two usual Christmas concerts I went to, were top notch. Helped by the fact Nerina now knows my name without an obvious prompt! I should explain she has done a Christmas concert with optional sound check and Christmas dinner. If you so wish to pay for the whole day. She joins each table for a chat. And went round the table... I seemto have ended up with a group who have been there since this tradition started. As such knows ho they are. So I was, as they say, tickled pink when she 'so Rodney what about you?' 🙂

Haha

The 2 am fire alarm on Friday morning didn't help. But oddly enough it was warmer at 2 am then it was at 3 pm...

Great meeting up with you, Eirikur.

Out of the other concerts I went to. The Marillion show, last of the tour, was excellent.

Of the others, Twowere good, very Christmassy, glad I went but doubt I'll go again. Far too much Christmas for me haha!

And the other contained No Xmas songs so that was good just for that 😉

Got an interview this afternoon, it's actually walkable. Shock of shocks.

Cheers,

Rodders...

• rodjkidd (12/12/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/9/2016)

rodjkidd (12/9/2016)

ChrisM@Work (12/8/2016)

rodjkidd (12/7/2016)

Eirikur,

Chris, are you about?

Rodders...

Next time Chris!

Rodders...

😎

Brilliant, usualis?

😎

Oops. Just to prove Brandie right I've only just caught up with the thread!

So sorry we missed meeting up Chris.

But anyway Brandie if we didn't use the Thread for things like this, how else would the Threadizens know about what we were or were not up to :w00t: 😉

The week way fun. The two usual Christmas concerts I went to, were top notch. Helped by the fact Nerina now knows my name without an obvious prompt! I should explain she has done a Christmas concert with optional sound check and Christmas dinner. If you so wish to pay for the whole day. She joins each table for a chat. And went round the table... I seemto have ended up with a group who have been there since this tradition started. As such knows ho they are. So I was, as they say, tickled pink when she 'so Rodney what about you?' 🙂

Haha

The 2 am fire alarm on Friday morning didn't help. But oddly enough it was warmer at 2 am then it was at 3 pm...

Great meeting up with you, Eirikur.

Out of the other concerts I went to. The Marillion show, last of the tour, was excellent.

Of the others, Twowere good, very Christmassy, glad I went but doubt I'll go again. Far too much Christmas for me haha!

And the other contained No Xmas songs so that was good just for that 😉

Got an interview this afternoon, it's actually walkable. Shock of shocks.

Cheers,

Rodders...

Likewise Rodders, always a pleasure.

😎

• Gah. Less than a week until my parents visit for two weeks and I catch a cold. The last thing I need to do is give it to them because they have their own health issues and a cold would just make things worse (and miserable) for them.

Time to load up on chicken soup / broth as well as zinc (or as much as I can load up on without causing additional health issues).

On the plus side, if I kick this out really fast, we have some majorly fun plans.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Do you have Vick's First Defence (First Defense ;-)) nasal spray over there? I find it quite good- not sure how scientific it is, but my theory is that it works by creating a seriously hostile environment in your sinuses, so nothing can get established there. It burrrns.

• Beatrix Kiddo (12/12/2016)

Do you have Vick's First Defence (First Defense ;-)) nasal spray over there? I find it quite good- not sure how scientific it is, but my theory is that it works by creating a seriously hostile environment in your sinuses, so nothing can get established there. It burrrns.

Favourite substitute for Vick's would be Bourbon but obviously not in the nose unless there is a serious drinking problem at hand.

😎

Viewing 15 posts - 56,881 through 56,895 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply