Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Hope you recover well Hugo.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• rodjkidd - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:55 AM

ThomasRushton - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:43 AM

Hugo Kornelis - Tuesday, April 11, 2017 2:54 PM

Some people may already have caught this on Twitter. My return from SQL Bits was not quite as relaxing as I would have expected. Long story, that needs to start about three weeks before SQLBits.

Oh, crud.  Sorry to hear that Hugo - I hope that your recovery is good and your vision is restored without further intervention.

Anything database-related in there is unintentional.

Someone is more awake than I (!) this morning!

That is probably unintentional too!

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:02 AM

rodjkidd - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:55 AM

ThomasRushton - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:43 AM

Some people may already have caught this on Twitter. My return from SQL Bits was not quite as relaxing as I would have expected. Long story, that needs to start about three weeks before SQLBits.

Oh, crud.  Sorry to hear that Hugo - I hope that your recovery is good and your vision is restored without further intervention.

Someone is more awake than I (!) this morning!

That is probably unintentional too!

I typed it without intending it, then just as I was about to post I saw it. And then added the bang ๐Ÿ™‚

• ThomasRushton - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:43 AM

Hehe! Nice. Well done.
    I actually only realized what you had done there after reading Rodders' reply. That's how non-awake I am.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:46 PM

Ugh, Hugo. I depend on my (weak) eyes and had a bad infection years ago. It's a tough place to be, but hope all is well.

Not a good 'bits ending for me either. Got sick Sat and had a miserable flight home Sunday.

Damn, Steve. Is it your fault the SO and I are coming down with colds? Near as I can figure, we caught it Saturday, the day you admit you got sick...

I swear the interwebs are contagious. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Hugo Kornelis - Tuesday, April 11, 2017 2:54 PM

(By the way, I do not have an eye patch during the day but for the first week I will have to sleep with a protective cover over my eye so I guess there is still plenty of room for throwing bad pirate jokes in my direction. Just resist the temptation to mention "Arrrrr integration in SQL Server 2016" - my friends on twitter already came up with that one, and I can use something new to laugh)

Who needs pirate jokes? What we need to do is find some bad Nicolas Cage jokes. (The below image may or may not be Nick Cage).

Could be worse. People might start mistaking you for Nick Fury. Of course, then at least you get a helicarrier and a bunch of people jumping at your slightest order. @=)

I hope you do recover. Feel better soon.

Image result for nicolas cage in an eye patch

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Dang Hugo, that sucks.
    At least the Dr indicated you're likely to make a full recovery, so there's that.
    (No pirate jokes)

• Jeff Moden - Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:52 PM

jasona.work - Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:46 PM

Just was looking in the topic on using Numeric as a Primary Key...

I know I'm probably going to annoy Jeff on this, but can we put Jeff Moden and Joe Celko in a room together and require them to discuss what makes a valid primary key?
    And video it?
    Please?
    :hehe:

Heh... no sir.  Not annoyed at all.  In fact, thanks for noticing.  As for putting me in a room with him on the subject... it wouldn't do any good.  It would be like pushing a rope.

Yeah, but it'd still be fun to watch!
    OK, ok, fine, how about for 10% of the gross from the video sales (including pay-per-view)?
    But you've got to *sell* the (fake) animosity!

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:46 PM

Not a good 'bits ending for me either. Got sick Sat and had a miserable flight home Sunday.

I blame you then. Came down sick Sunday. Monday was not fun (10 hour flight with nasty cough)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:53 AM

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:46 PM

I blame you then. Came down sick Sunday. Monday was not fun (10 hour flight with nasty cough)

All of a sudden, missing SQLBits doesn't seem so bad.

Steve Hall
    Linkedin
    Blog Site

• BrainDonor - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:08 AM

GilaMonster - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:53 AM

I was booked to go but had to cancel again for a nephew's birthday party.  By the sounds of it the party was the least infectious event.  Maybe next year I'll make it.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    โ€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• Neil Burton - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:22 AM

BrainDonor - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:08 AM

I was booked to go but had to cancel again for a nephew's birthday party.  By the sounds of it the party was the least infectious event.  Maybe next year I'll make it.

I blame Steve! All Thomas and I passed on was a severe case of Demo-It is in a session or two! ๐Ÿ˜€

Rodders...

• BrainDonor - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:08 AM

I was just thinking the same thing.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Modens splitter http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Tally+Table/72993/.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 โ€“ Converting Rows to Columns - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/63681/
    Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Crosstab/65048/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69953/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69954/

• GilaMonster - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:53 AM

Good to know who gave me nerd flu. Mine wasn't that bad. I had a bad night's sleep Sunday because of the sore throat, but other than that, it's been no big deal. Still, Steve's fault.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey - Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:00 AM

Good to know who gave me nerd flu. Mine wasn't that bad. I had a bad night's sleep Sunday because of the sore throat, but other than that, it's been no big deal. Still, Steve's fault.

It's called "con crud" not "nerd flu," sheesh...
    (Didn't go to BITs, maybe someday)

Viewing 15 posts - 58,066 through 58,080 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply