Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Thursday, June 8, 2017 10:11 AM

ThomasRushton - Thursday, June 8, 2017 9:59 AM

Something to do in those long winter evenings when the horses are hibernating?  😀

There is no hibernating. Winters suck with lots of snow. The help can't come, so guess who gets to help feed?

The children?

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Brandie Tarvin - Thursday, June 8, 2017 7:37 AM

Luis Cazares - Wednesday, June 7, 2017 12:30 PM

Brandie Tarvin - Wednesday, June 7, 2017 12:05 PM

You know what I just realized I want on this forum?

A way to tag individual posts. Not a thread, posts within the thread. For instance, there are several "discussions" in this particular thread where I want to tag things like book recommendations or recipes. And because I can't add a post to the briefcase, I have to search and search and search and hope I get close to the right pages to find it.

Of course, if there's a way to do it and I'm just clueless today, I would love for someone to point me in the correct direction of how to do so.

Have you tried saving the post links in bookmarks?

As in browser book marks? Bah. There's a lot of work in that. The way I read through this thread is I rarely read one post at a time. Usually I delete all email notifications except the earliest unread one, then click on that when I'm free and read through the accumulated posts. Adding browser bookmarks would require me to, you know, proactively do work to get the unique post linked in the bookmark instead of the entire page.

I'd rather have a button here in SCS that I can push. Because I am lazy that way.

You could save permalinks to individual posts in a text file.   I can do that by right clicking on the post number at the top rh corner of the post, selecting the option "déan lethbhreac de seòladh a cheangail'" (I guess that's "copy link address" or something similar in the English version of Firefox, and other browsers are sure to have an equivalent) and pasting into a file I have for that purpose which I keep open when I'm browsing.

Tom

• I feel totally foolish for posting this, but does anyone know where the touchpad scroll settings are in Windows 10?

My touchpad has suddenly decided it wants to be on a Mac, as physically scrolling upwards scrolls the page downwards. >_< Oddly, my USB mouse is working as normal, and flipping the mouse option only affects the USB mouse. It's really bugging me, as I'm not always in a place to use a mouse (like when it's on my lap, heh).

Thanks guys!

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• WayneS - Thursday, June 8, 2017 11:01 AM

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Thursday, June 8, 2017 10:11 AM

Something to do in those long winter evenings when the horses are hibernating?  😀

There is no hibernating. Winters suck with lots of snow. The help can't come, so guess who gets to help feed?

The children?

Good idea. A horse can last for 4 or 5 days on a single child.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• obligatory Oatmeal: http://theoatmeal.com/story/eat_horses

potentially NSFW, language.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses

The children?

That's what I'm hoping the answer will be.

• Ed Wagner - Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:53 PM

WayneS - Thursday, June 8, 2017 11:01 AM

The children?

That only works as long as they are living at home.

• Lynn Pettis - Thursday, June 8, 2017 1:27 PM

Ed Wagner - Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:53 PM

The children?

Touche.  Mine still does.  I've got just over 3 years left.

The children?

They do help. They aren't happy, but if needed, they pitch in.

However, we try not to overuse them, so I usually get to help my wife.

• Lynn Pettis - Thursday, June 8, 2017 1:27 PM

Only going to be one next winter

• Thom A - Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:14 PM

I feel totally foolish for posting this, but does anyone know where the touchpad scroll settings are in Windows 10?

My touchpad has suddenly decided it wants to be on a Mac, as physically scrolling upwards scrolls the page downwards. >_< Oddly, my USB mouse is working as normal, and flipping the mouse option only affects the USB mouse. It's really bugging me, as I'm not always in a place to use a mouse (like when it's on my lap, heh).

Thanks guys!

Settings -> Devices -> Mouse & Touchpad -> Additional Mouse Options -> last column on the right (on mine it says Thinkpad, for yours it'll probably be your device brand name) -> Advanced Settings -> Scrolling.

Because they really had to try hard to figure out how to hide this and complicate users' lives.

EDIT: Changed a word I mistyped

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Rolled into work this morning and was wondering if it was a Saturday or if I missed a holiday somewhere...
    Parking lot was nearly empty, I found a spot nearly at the end of the handicapped spots.  There's all of 6-7 people in the office right now (and I'm including myself,) with the bosses all out...

• jasona.work - Friday, June 9, 2017 6:06 AM

Rolled into work this morning and was wondering if it was a Saturday or if I missed a holiday somewhere...
    Parking lot was nearly empty, I found a spot nearly at the end of the handicapped spots.  There's all of 6-7 people in the office right now (and I'm including myself,) with the bosses all out...

I found traffic light this morning as well and half-wondered the same thing.  There are some people out today, but here I am. :hehe:  You know, this could be a good thing.  If people leave me alone, maybe I'll be able to get some stuff completed without a barrage of interruptions. 😀

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Thursday, June 8, 2017 4:26 PM

The children?

They do help. They aren't happy, but if needed, they pitch in.

However, we try not to overuse them, so I usually get to help my wife.

Maybe it's a phase they're going through at the moment, but I have a hard enough time getting my kids to wash the dishes, much less shovel horse poop.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Our kids are pretty good. I struggle with them doing dishes, but if we ask, they will. I just hate asking.

For chores, our kids have grown up with animals. They understand animals need to be cared for, just like they want to eat. If we need to call them, because something happens, they'll gripe and grumble, but they won't let the animals down.

Viewing 15 posts - 58,876 through 58,890 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply