Are the posted questions getting worse?

• DesNorton - Sunday, January 21, 2018 9:26 PM

jasona.work - Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:31 PM

Sergiy - Friday, January 19, 2018 11:42 PM

Do roads in Michigan look like this one?https://youtu.be/-mqZ_OZVx7I

That actually looked comparatively smooth versus what we're driving on right now:
    https://youtu.be/EqPqqbCmL_s
    I've seen potholes (thankfully not hit them,) where the rebar in the road is exposed (so at least 2-3" of concrete gone...

I came around a corner on the M7 (in sunny South Africa) yesterday, and had to do some emergency manouvers to avoid hitting this pothole.  Just clipped the edge, and damaged both rims on my motorcycles.

Oh come on, that's not that bad. 🙂

There's a pothole growing on one of the backroads in Parktown North that's currently slightlywider than the gap between car wheels and about 25cm deep at the center. Almost getting to the point where I'll have to clip the curb to avoid it.

Got a picture of the pothole in Durban from a few years ago that swallowed a bakkie?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Sergiy - Friday, January 19, 2018 11:42 PM

Do roads in Michigan look like this one?https://youtu.be/-mqZ_OZVx7I

That looks like a pretty decent road. It's level, getting patched where it needs to and even has paint in some places.

I really must start taking pictures of  some of the stuff I have to drive over/around on a daily basis (and that's in the largest city in the country)

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• GilaMonster - Monday, January 22, 2018 12:58 AM

DesNorton - Sunday, January 21, 2018 9:26 PM

I came around a corner on the M7 (in sunny South Africa) yesterday, and had to do some emergency manouvers to avoid hitting this pothole.  Just clipped the edge, and damaged both rims on my motorcycles.

There's a pothole growing on one of the backroads in Parktown North that's currently slightlywider than the gap between car wheels and about 25cm deep at the center. Almost getting to the point where I'll have to clip the curb to avoid it.

Got a picture of the pothole in Durban from a few years ago that swallowed a bakkie?

Note the one just ahead of it (between 2 patches).  M7 is a nightmare at the moment.  Dodging left and right, but with all the trucks, there is nowhere to go ...

• Roads  mostly ok here, though there's a turn on an uphill that constantly gets drifting snow. After I got home, my wife called to say she was stuck there. Towed her out, but my kid called an hour later and he was stuck in the same place. Snow was worse, blowing and cold, and apparently #$%@#$@#$ Ford doesn't put tow hooks on US Focus models. Had to push to to the side (down the hill) in the blizzard. Hopefully we can dig it out today.

• DesNorton - Monday, January 22, 2018 2:03 AM

GilaMonster - Monday, January 22, 2018 12:58 AM

DesNorton - Sunday, January 21, 2018 9:26 PM

Note the one just ahead of it (between 2 patches).  M7 is a nightmare at the moment.  Dodging left and right, but with all the trucks, there is nowhere to go ...

There's a piece of road near where I live that's getting warped due to the stream next to it. JHB roads keeps 'fixing' it by laying tar over the cracks. It's now so bad that I have to drop to about 20km/h to drive that section because it's so bumpy

Gail Shaw

• The spam seems to be building up over the last few days ...

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• The first 8 pages this morning had 3 legit posts on them, in total

Gail Shaw

• This makes me wonder what you're looking at, because I saw very little spam when I got here this morning...  Admittedly, there are about 25 "possible spam" emails in my mailbox, which I haven't looked at, but I don't often see much more than a couple of posts on the "Latest Posts" view at https://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/#section=latest&pageIndex=1&args%5BSortBy%5D=LastPosterDate

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

• ThomasRushton - Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:02 AM

This makes me wonder what you're looking at, because I saw very little spam when I got here this morning...  Admittedly, there are about 25 "possible spam" emails in my mailbox, which I haven't looked at, but I don't often see much more than a couple of posts on the "Latest Posts" view at https://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/#section=latest&pageIndex=1&args%5BSortBy%5D=LastPosterDate

Perhaps the spam had been cleaned up before you logged on.
    Gail and I are 2 hour ahead of you.
    Yesterday had 3 pages of spam.  Today, I stopped counting at 5.

• ThomasRushton - Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:02 AM

This makes me wonder what you're looking at, because I saw very little spam when I got here this morning... 

Probably because I reported it and it was cleaned up.

Gail Shaw

• SPAM alert.  It just started to explode.

• Lynn Pettis - Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:54 PM

SPAM alert.  It just started to explode.

2 valid posts in 8 pages.  The rest all spam.

• DesNorton - Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:07 PM

Lynn Pettis - Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:54 PM

SPAM alert.  It just started to explode.

2 valid posts in 8 pages.  The rest all spam.

BWAAA-HAAA!!!! That's better than it used to be!  Looks like the new forum software is working a treat! 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Testing spring cleanup subscriptions. We're getting 10+°C in wintertime

• Jo Pattyn - Thursday, January 25, 2018 5:21 AM

Testing spring cleanup subscriptions. We're getting 10+°C in wintertime

That's what is called being timely to the party😀
    😎

Viewing 15 posts - 61,036 through 61,050 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply