Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Eirikur Eiriksson - Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:56 AM

I can understand some beings like banana flies which life spans around a week to have only limited temporal conception but this one is just too much
    😎

I apologize for interrupting yalls watercooler, I'll remove my posts 🙂

• removed

• removed

• removed

• patrickmcginnis59 10839 - Sunday, May 6, 2018 10:47 AM

Eirikur Eiriksson - Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:56 AM

I can understand some beings like banana flies which life spans around a week to have only limited temporal conception but this one is just too much
    😎

Welcome to the water cooler Patrick.
     😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson - Monday, May 7, 2018 12:51 AM

patrickmcginnis59 10839 - Sunday, May 6, 2018 10:47 AM

😎

😎

Thanks I have enjoyed my stay!!!

• patrickmcginnis59 10839 - Monday, May 7, 2018 4:28 AM

Eirikur Eiriksson - Monday, May 7, 2018 12:51 AM

😎

😎

What do you mean enjoyed? Where you going?
    Plus, "yalls water cooler"? Pretty sure this is everyone's water cooler, so you're welcome to hang as, or when, you care to. Or am I missing something?

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey - Monday, May 7, 2018 7:49 AM

patrickmcginnis59 10839 - Monday, May 7, 2018 4:28 AM

😎

😎

Plus, "yalls water cooler"? Pretty sure this is everyone's water cooler, so you're welcome to hang as, or when, you care to. Or am I missing something?

Hey I might drop by again if I can find time in my schedule

ok i'll stop now

• Why do people think it's funny for their SA account to have  a simple password, and for it to be stored in plain text in the DDL of an object... https://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1935296.aspx

I really hope that they aren't using that username and password, especially for their view, but even the jest of it terrifies me. *shivers*

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A - Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:38 AM

Why do people think it's funny for their SA account to have  a simple password, and for it to be stored in plain text in the DDL of an object... https://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1935296.aspx

I really hope that they aren't using that username and password, especially for their view, but even the jest of it terrifies me. *shivers*

Even better is why the login is enabled in the first place.  <sarcasm>They probably just want to hear about their company on the news.</sarcasm>

• I used to like to keep sa enabled in case someone did something stupid like remove the admin group because of a mis-click. These days, I would disable it and put a process that requires all changes to be made through code, none through SSMS.

• Obviously knowing how to read, or better yet comprehend, documentation is a lost art.  And so is basic troubleshooting.  No, not going to post a link as there is no need to pile on.  I can't figure out why some people also don't try and encourage others to read.

• patrickmcginnis59 10839 - Monday, May 7, 2018 10:15 AM

Grant Fritchey - Monday, May 7, 2018 7:49 AM

patrickmcginnis59 10839 - Monday, May 7, 2018 4:28 AM

😎

😎

Hey I might drop by again if I can find time in my schedule

ok i'll stop now

he he 😀
    😎

• Lynn Pettis - Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:29 AM

Obviously knowing how to read, or better yet comprehend, documentation is a lost art.  And so is basic troubleshooting.  No, not going to post a link as there is no need to pile on.  I can't figure out why some people also don't try and encourage others to read.

Did you have your crystal ball out when you made that post Lynn? I didn't know you could tell the future. 🙂

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A - Tuesday, May 8, 2018 9:53 AM

Lynn Pettis - Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:29 AM

Obviously knowing how to read, or better yet comprehend, documentation is a lost art.  And so is basic troubleshooting.  No, not going to post a link as there is no need to pile on.  I can't figure out why some people also don't try and encourage others to read.

Did you have your crystal ball out when you made that post Lynn? I didn't know you could tell the future. 🙂

Too bad all people want today is the answer and just the answer.  Immediate gratification is what it is all about.

Viewing 15 posts - 61,501 through 61,515 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply