Available Space : 0.56 MB

Auto Growth Parameter is configured as “By 1 MB, unrestricted growth.”

My DB is unable to auto grow.

Please help.

Thanks

Thanks

Adeel Imtiaz

• do you get any errors?

You're better off pre-allocating the space required for the data and log files. Growing data files/log files is a resource expensive operation, so you want to restrict how often it occurs. Also, look at instant file initialization - grant the service account running the SQL Server service account Perform Volume Maintenance 'via Local Policy manager

• adeel.imtiaz (4/26/2012)

My DB is unable to auto grow.

1) Are you able to enter data into this database?

2) Are you getting any error messages?

3) Is the drive full?

• Usually that would be an indication of a full drive. There must be an error or a message or something.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Please see that the drive is not full . there is lot of space available .

I have noticed that i do not have any Service pack installed on my SQL 2005 Database its version is

(Version 1399).

We actually also assumed that space will be automatically allocated, but for some reason this auto growth working is not performing at all. we were just updating a row in a table. Enable Auto grow option is also set to true. there is 20 GB free Space available in Hard Disk.

• There is no accurate time for error , it comes any time.

• just want to add one more thing regarding this issue, that when we manually allocated the size, everything start working normally.

• Should i install Sp2 of SQl 2005

• I would go to at leaste Service Pack #4 and MS11-049 Build 5292 - June 2011.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• I have installed SP4 of SQl 2005 and problem has been resolved.

Thank you doctor.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply