Availability Group Replica Disconnected

• I am configuring Distributed Always on Availability groups.

I joined my secondary AG to the group using the following script (edited of course) and it ran without issues.  but when I look under the distributed availability group available replicas it is showing disconnected.  I am unaware of anything i can do to kick it or make it connect.

ALTER AVAILABILITY GROUP [distributedag]

JOIN

AVAILABILITY GROUP ON

'ag1' WITH

(

LISTENER_URL = 'tcp://ag1-listener.contoso.com:5022',

AVAILABILITY_MODE = ASYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT,

FAILOVER_MODE = MANUAL,

SEEDING_MODE = AUTOMATIC

),

'ag2' WITH

(

LISTENER_URL = 'tcp://ag2-listener.contoso.com:5022',

AVAILABILITY_MODE = ASYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT,

FAILOVER_MODE = MANUAL,

SEEDING_MODE = AUTOMATIC

);

GO

Any Suggestions?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Hey Say Hey Kid, did you ever solve this? I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything and am almost at the point of calling MS for all the good that'll do.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hi There,

Yes, I did manage to resolve it.  Apologies I should have updated the post.

There is a script that needs to be run on each of the nodes in your distributed availability solution that relates to the Azure Loadbalancers.  I did run it but they were incorrect (It was not a syntax error) so I was not aware that it was incorrect I just didn't put the correct resource name down exactly as it was written.  (FYI these are not my actual settings obviously but you get the idea)

$ClusterNetworkName = "Cluster Network 1" #Will be different for you or maybe not

$IPResourceName = "AZUK-CONTAG_10.210.1.12" # the IP Address resource name as written in the WFCM (This is the line i got wrong)

$ILBIP = "10.200.2.11" # this is the ip address

[int]$ProbePort = 59999

Import-Module FailoverClusters

Get-ClusterResource $IPResourceName | Set-ClusterParameter -Multiple @{"Address"="$ILBIP";"ProbePort"=$ClusterProbePort;"SubnetMask"="255.255.255.255";"Network"="$ClusterNetworkName";"EnableDhcp"=0}

As soon as you run this you can check the traffic on the load balancers in azure and you will see activity and they will spring to life and everything will connect remember to refresh the SSMS to ensure that everythign is ok.   Also ensure you have the local firewall ruls setup for port 59999 on all of your nodes.

Lastly, I have found that speaking to Microsoft is hit an miss,  not many people use Distributed Availability groups and the people I spoke to did not really have much of a clue I think I have only spoken to one that could assist.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply