Back up is not recognized

• Hi,

Iam performing a DB back up to a particular location.It is manditory for SAP business one application upgrade(we are using sql server as back end).

when i start DB upgrade on SAP it still points to do a DB back before upgrading.

This is the first time we are facing this type of problem.

Even i disabled the jobs.

WHen i see DB back up window the destination points to other location evenafter i did the back up to my required location.

could you please help me in solving this problem.

thanks in advance

Regards

Ravi

• Ravi,

I didn't understand your problem correctly, You want to perform a backup or you want to restore from a backup file?

Thanks & Regards,
    Sudeepta.
    http://twitter.com/skganguly

• Hi,

Back up.I did the back up onto a specific location.

• Sorry Ravi, still, I am not very sure whether I understand the requirement properly.

You initiate a backup for your database, and stored the backup file to a specific location. When you are trying to browse the backup file using Windows explorer, you are unable to find the backup file.

Is this what you are talking about?

Thanks & Regards,
    Sudeepta.
    http://twitter.com/skganguly

• I assume you are trying to take the backup using SSMS and the destination is referring to the old location.

Why not use this query instead of using the GUI?

BACKUP DATABASE yourdatabasename TO DISK='ActualPathOfBackupFileName.bak'

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• mirravi (8/4/2010)

Hi,

I am performing a DB back up to a particular location

JHow ? through SSMS ? then my guess is it will taking backup at default backup folder ? other wise send the query/script you are using ?

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Adiga (8/4/2010)

I assume you are trying to take the backup using SSMS and the destination is referring to the old location.

Why not use this query instead of using the GUI?

This will create the backup at default location.

And if your trying sumthing like below

backup database mydb to xyz --This seems to be your device name then try sp_helpdevice

else try below

backup database mydb to disk = 'D:\backup\mydb_full_ddmmyyyy.bak' --full path of the physical file.

Tell me if this helps.

Rohit

• Ramji29 (8/13/2010)

This will not create the backup file at default location. It depends on what is the value of ActualPathOfBackupFileName.bak'

Some examples

BACKUP DATABASE yourdatabasename TO DISK='E:\backups\yourdatabasename.bak'

BACKUP DATABASE yourdatabasename TO DISK='D:\yourdatabasename.bak'

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Adiga (8/13/2010)

Ramji29 (8/13/2010)

This will not create the backup file at default location. It depends on what is the value of ActualPathOfBackupFileName.bak'

i guess ramji29 is right here . backup file will be created at default location like

........\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup

I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• I think Pradeep is right.

His script will not create backup at default location.

• mdp11 (8/16/2010)

I think Pradeep is right.

His script will not create backup at default location.

i tested it on my local machine and found the backup file on the path mentioned in my prior post.:w00t:

• Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.Sorry i could not respond as i was on leave .My actual problem is when we right click on DB and select Task -Back Up , Back up Database window opens.In the destination Back up to disk, we see a path shows the last back up done on this path.

If we take back up for other location then the path will replaces the old with current, which is not happening for one my users system.This path will recognised by SAP B1 installation as it requires DB back up and throws an error.

For other users its fine.

Could any one help me to rectify.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ravi

• mirravi (8/17/2010)

If we take back up for other location then the path will replaces the old with current, which is not happening for one my users system.

select that path and click "remove" option.:-D

• Good one....:-D

• Hi,

I did,but the same error.

it has to be there the last back up path.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply