DTC error

• Dear Sir,

I have configured linked server opn SQL 2005 and got this below error.

(The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider “SQLNCLI” for linked server “” was unable to begin a distributed transaction.)

Details can be given on request.

Kindly help me in above regard as soon as possible i will be very thank full to you.

Thanks

Adeel Imtiaz

adeel.imtiaz@netsolpk.com

• I would suggest that please also have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873160

DBDigger Microsoft Data Platform Consultancy.

• Dear Atif,

thanks u so much for your reply i have done this but problem is still there. help me

atif if you are in lahore can we talk thanks its urgent.

thanks

adeel imtiaz

• I have found some possible solutions, please check these

Verify that your network name resolution works.

Verify that the servers can communicate with one another by name, not just by IP address. Check in both directions (for example, from server A to server B and from server B to server A).

If you have a firewall, make sure that your Remote Procedure Call (RPC) ports are opened correctly.

Check the object you refer on the destination server. If it is a view or a stored procedure, or causes an execution of a trigger, check whether it implicitly references another server. If so, the third server is the source of the problem.

Start the Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC or MSDTC) on all servers that are involved in the distributed transaction.

DBDigger Microsoft Data Platform Consultancy.

• Dear Atif

Problem is still there

but there is little bit progress which is

if i make both machines on domain error get fix.

but when i make both machine (both means actual sql2005 server and Linked SQL2005 server) on workgroup error re appears..

Kindly help

Thanks

Adeel.imtiaz@netsolpk.com

• I had a problem like this a couple of months ago. I've forgotten exactly what the fix was and I don't have easy access to that system any more.

The fix was a SET command just before the distributed transaction started.

I found it on the internet by doing a copy/paste of the error message.

Wish I could be of more help.

Todd Fifield

• dont know whether it helps. but please try following link:-

http://blogs.msdn.com/mab/archive/2005/12/30/508273.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306212 ( check under Configuration Issues especially)

• I had this on SQL 2005 so until i loaded the CU 6 patch i couldn't get linked servers to work.

What patch are you on. Plus you can check the component services, DTC and see if anything shows here should see transactions flowing but you get the error before this.

• Make sure DTC is on in services...believe thats the one that turns on the transactions for Linked services and transactions to flow.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply