DTS and Cluster Server

• Hello.

I have a problem with the scheduling of DTS packages in a SQL 2000 Cluster (active / active). The problem goes like this:

(Everything I will talk from now on is from the console of the Cluster Machine)

- I have a DTS package (it does not mind the type of Task). The package works fine from the EM.

- I schedule the package and the execution succeeds but the step does not execute. (The output of the schedule is as this:

DTSRun: Loading...

DTSRun: Executing...

DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process Exit Code 0. The step succeeded.

)

- When I run the package from the command line with DTSRUN (DTSRUN /E /S Server /N PackageName) the output is like this:

DTSRun: Loading...

DTSRun: Executing...

DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1

DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 125 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 125

DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1

DTSRun: Package execution complete.

Here we can see the execution of the step.

- After this I tried to execute the DTSRUN from the xp_cmdshell extended stored procedure and the result is the same as in the scheduled package.

- I tried this in other two servers, not clustered, and all of this work fine. I tried logging with different accounts (the account that executes the SQL Server, the ClusterAdmin account) and the results are always the same.

Anyone has any clue of what is happening here? I greatly appreciate any comment from you.

Thank you.

Pablo Fernández

pfmarino@caixagalicia.es

Viewing 0 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply