DTS Package error

• We are having a strange DTS problem. When a user tries to excute a transfer database object from one server to another using the DTS designer, the user gets error like -

[SQL-DMO]CreateFile error on 'TESTSRV3.Company.LOG' Access is Denied.

The user is set up as DBO on both source and destination databases.

Also, if a second user runs the same package from another machine logged in as the first user and connected to the source and destination servers with the first users credientials, the package runs fine !

Any idea why this could be happening ?

TIA 

• Looks like the user does not have folder permissions to write a file to the server. Check his NT permissions.

Shamless self promotion - read my blog http://sirsql.net

• If I am reading this correctly the situation is as follows:

User 1 from PC 1 cannot transfer data

User 2 from PC 2 logged in to PC 2 as User 1 can transfer data

Is User 2 logged in to the PC 2 as User 1 OR User 2 is logged in to SQL as User 1??  Either way I don't think it should matter but may.

Are both PC 1 and 2 on the same subnet, domain, etc..

Can User 2 do this from User 1's PC?

It may be a matter of "trust" between subnets and/or domains.

Can't wait to see the resolution,

AJ

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• Save the package on SQL Server, it will contain "Copy SQL Server Objects" task. Open Copy tab of the task Properties and check what is displayed in the "Script file directory" window. The error happens when the user who runs the package doesn't have permissions to create a file in this folder. It is quite possible that the folder is located on your own PC, and you are not allowed to access it, just because of the restrictions in your organization! The user on another machine may be successful, because the Script file folder may be different and may be accessible to this user on a different machine.

Try changing this path to the folder which is accessible to you.

-Vitaly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply