Enriching Your Life

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Enriching Your Life

• i started to juggle

Still terrible at it but apparently it has decent amount of things it does for you:

• improving hand eye connection
    • muscle training (holy shit, once you start with 4 balls it starts to get demanding)
    • apparently requires both sides of your brain and somehow trains it?
  • If I knew I had to look for a job next Jan 1, I would immediately start training on Azure. I don't really know anything about it but I do believe that in a few years I won't be working with VM's on my own (parent) company's network.

The second thing I'd do is get my SAP Sales & Distribution certification. I've been working with it for a few years, helping my company as we have moved to SAP last July. Go-live  was a nightmare, as expected, and a valuable member of staff left the first week of go-live. I was the one responsible for all of the interfaces to our local SQL Server (which allows us to group deliveries into shipments appropriate for our vehicles, and then get the delivery data to our drivers, among other things). The colleague who left would have worked closely with me on this as our other colleague was focused on other parts of the business. So I had to do whatever I could to keep things going, while incrementally trying to make things better.

Fortunately this time of lockdown has slowed down business so we're able to do a lot of what I call tidying up. But I'm not really improving my skills, and I need to do that. On the other hand, I've lost 1/2 stone in weight so far (7 lbs/3kg) and transformed myself from being a sedentary person to being an active person. So that's a big win!

• ktflash wrote:

i started to juggle

Still terrible at it but apparently it has decent amount of things it does for you:

• improving hand eye connection

• muscle training (holy shit, once you start with 4 balls it starts to get demanding)

• apparently requires both sides of your brain and somehow trains it?

I started to learn this at one point. Not a bad thing to pick up with some extra time.

• Not on the technical side but I have started pursuing my art skills with more enthusiasm and hoping to get into art business. The lockdown has given me time to contemplate on things that truly matter to me and I think sharing my gifts with the world is very important to me instead of just being a hobbyist.

On the technical front , I think I want to develop database tuning skills and be prepared with a portfolio of Machine Learning projects .

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Anuja Nair. Reason: Missing conjunctions
  • Connie wrote:

If I knew I had to look for a job next Jan 1, I would immediately start training on Azure. I don't really know anything about it but I do believe that in a few years I won't be working with VM's on my own (parent) company's network.

The second thing I'd do is get my SAP Sales & Distribution certification.

Fortunately this time of lockdown has slowed down business so we're able to do a lot of what I call tidying up. But I'm not really improving my skills, and I need to do that. On the other hand, I've lost 1/2 stone in weight so far (7 lbs/3kg) and transformed myself from being a sedentary person to being an active person. So that's a big win!

Congrats and good job. I think I've gained half a stone, though I am building some muscle. Eating too much, but at least I'm still moving.

Azure makes a lot of sense, and many people have made a lot on SAP, so likely a good choice as well.

• Good topic, Steve. I like the deadline of thinking that we might have 7 months left in which to prepare. And I like what Connie said, about Azure. My employer currently has LinkedIn Learning for us. However, I expect that will be going away. (I don't blame them, I've been around long enough to know that when the budget gets really tight, training is one of the first things to go.) So, I've been focusing upon getting as much training as I can on topics that I see are hot, as I see that as the best approach to take. I've taken LinkedIn Learning courses on Python and Jupyter Notebooks. I'm currently taking a course on Azure and hope to get another one in before LinkedIn Learning goes away. I do most of my development in C#, which is a great skill to have, but it's pretty obvious to me that in today's business environments, Python is bigger and Jupyter Notebooks offer features I've never seen anywhere else.

On the non-technical side, I'm doing more gardening. I'm still working from home, so I have more time to contribute to feeding the family by growing our own food.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply