Error Connecting to Access 97 database using DTS

• Hi, I am having trouble in connection to a Access 97 database that uses a workgroup file. I supplied the correct username and password but the DTS return an error message saying "Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user." I then supplied the location of the workgroup file. For example: " D:\temp\test.mdb /wrkgrp d:\temp\test.mdw" but then it return with a different error message saying "could not open the specified file for reading." Have I done something wrong? Pls help. This is urgent. Thanks in advance.

Park

• This KB Article should answer your question http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q246255

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• guys, I have found the solution to the problem that I posted yesterday. Within DTS, when you creat a new connection (in this case, it is the Access database), type in the location of the Access database file in the filename field and provide the right username and password. Now as for the system.mdw, you need type the location of that file in the 'Advanced Connection Properties' by clicking on the 'Advanced' button. Under Jet OLEDB:System database, type the location of the system.mdw and it will then allow you to connect to the Access database.

regards,

Park

• Thanks for the follow up. I do pull data from Access occasionally, but none of the stuff I use is every passworded and just never ran into it!

Andy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply