Error during the notification via email for a SQL Server Agent job

• Hi. I have a SQL Server Agent job on a SQL Server 2005 RTM installation.

I have enabled the Database mail (not SQL Mail) and created a profile. I have enabled the alerts for SQL Server Agent by selecting database mail and the related profile. I have created and operator and for him I have written the email address; I have associated the operator to the job. I can send successfully the text mail for the database mail, but it isn't possible to send the mail notification when the job fails. In the related log I have seen the following message:

Error,7,The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2010-03-29T15:51:59). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.).)

My customer has as a mail server Lotus Notes, not Exchange. The destination mail is the same for the text mail about the database mail.

Any suggests to me, please? Thanks

• I was able to get this to work with Lotus Notes without too much trouble, so it does work with Notes. A couple of questions, in the Properties of SQL Agent itself, did you set up the Mail Session entries in the AlertSystem option? Did you restart SQL Agent, I found this to be an issue after setting up DatabaseMail. You mentioned you created a profile under DatabaseMail, but did you also create an account?

For better, quicker answers, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/

• Certainly, I have created a profile and an account with the necessary info.

I have enabled the database mail for the agent and I have restarted the service.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply