Full-Text Catalog -- Processing notifications

• I have a 900 GB database that I upgraded from 2012 Standard Edition to 2014 Standard Edition. This database host our document management product called Document Locator by Columbiasoft. I did the upgrade Wednesday morning and as the SQL 2014 upgrade recommended started the full-text index rebuild after the upgrade and after testing the failover from one node to another node. This morning, Friday, I look at the Full-Text Catalog Properties and notice that the Population Status=Processing notifications.

What queries or actions can I take to assure something is actually happening and I am not experiencing a hang-up somewhere?

• In looking at my fulltext index within SSMS, the population status is now, 10/13/2014, reading Idle. After my upgrade and when I started the fulltext index rebuild as suggested by the SQL Server 2014 upgrade, I came in and notice that my log drive was full. This is due to this is 1) a development environment 2) Transaction Log backups in this instance only occur between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm. While my test environment is a similar setup to production (being it is a failover cluster), the cpu and memory resources are not that of production.

I now estimate that everything is okay. In my situation if I start the full text index rebuild late Friday night, I should have it at an idle state before people use the system Monday morning.

• WI_PSC_DBA - Friday, October 10, 2014 6:22 AM

I have a 900 GB database that I upgraded from 2012 Standard Edition to 2014 Standard Edition. This database host our document management product called Document Locator by Columbiasoft. I did the upgrade Wednesday morning and as the SQL 2014 upgrade recommended started the full-text index rebuild after the upgrade and after testing the failover from one node to another node. This morning, Friday, I look at the Full-Text Catalog Properties and notice that the Population Status=Processing notifications.What queries or actions can I take to assure something is actually happening and I am not experiencing a hang-up somewhere?

• WI_PSC_DBA - Friday, October 10, 2014 6:22 AM

I have a 900 GB database that I upgraded from 2012 Standard Edition to 2014 Standard Edition. This database host our document management product called Document Locator by Columbiasoft. I did the upgrade Wednesday morning and as the SQL 2014 upgrade recommended started the full-text index rebuild after the upgrade and after testing the failover from one node to another node. This morning, Friday, I look at the Full-Text Catalog Properties and notice that the Population Status=Processing notifications.What queries or actions can I take to assure something is actually happening and I am not experiencing a hang-up somewhere?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply