how to calculate group sum of the field value in footer ofsubgroup

• I have a group and a subgroup in a report. in the subgroup there are repetitive rows. But i want to display them at only once within the subgroup. So I hide them. Now I want to have the sum of a field viz. "quantity" group wise, having the only single value of the subgroup. But problem is in the sum the values which are hidden also included. But i don't want them to include in the sum of the group.

Can anybody give the suggestions how to resolve the problem..

I am fighting with it from a long back but i am not able to solve the issue.. plz help me out..

location invoice no. date quantity item

delhi inv/del/1 1/1/2008 3 item-1

item-2

item-3

inv/del/2 2/1/2008 2 item-4

item-5

Location Total 5

This is what i want... for invoice inv/del/1 there are 3 items, i hide rest of two rows using "Hide Duplicates", But the group sum i.e. Location Total in the report is coming out as '13' as it includes the quantities of hidden rows also. But in actual I want '5'.

• Hi...:)

Please let me know..the Items names in your report are same or they are different....?

Now,

Case I: if they are different, then possibly...we should not hide them and take the calculation of quantity for all of them.

Case II: if they are same, then instead of hiding them...you can take another group of those items..so this will make you able to display only the concerned item name once and within or infront of the item name...if you will take Sum(Fields!Quantity.Value), then you will get the desired result...

Please try this...if I am getting it right...otherwise..do elaborate the issue little more..

Thanks...

Niraj

• Hi Neeraj...

first of all thanx for the response...

yes they are different items...

and the field "quantity" shows the total number of those items not the counts of individual items...

e.g. if the quantity = 3 then it's mean there are three different items having individual count of 1.

so it's required to hide the quantity for other items in the same subgroup..

i think it will make you m ore clear...

waiting for the reply..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply