how to create a job in sql server 2005

• hi !

DECLARE @out_desc varchar(1000), @out_mesg varchar(10)

EXEC sp_send_cdosysmail 'vijaybabu@ace-labs.com','vijay.playful@gmail.com', 'Subject','Body','HTMLbody', @output_desc = @out_desc output, @output_mesg = @out_mesg output

PRINT @out_desc

PRINT @out_mesg

and its working properly whenever i click the execute in sql server but i want to execute it automatically for that job concpt have to use right ? am new to job concept ! whether have to create a job to execute the above query or anyother way to done it...?

• i want to execute it automatically for that job concpt have to use right ? am new to job concept ! whether have to create a job to execute the above query or anyother way to done it...?

You are rignt. To execute it automatically create a SQL Agent job and schedule it.

Expand the SQL Server Agent, right click on "New Job...". Add a new step and new schedule...

• hi !

am new to job in sql server 2005... got many referred site from the forum peoples regarding using job but cant get the clear idea about job ! if you dont mind can you help me how to create job and schedules...?

• Job is the task(s)/work that you want to do.

Schedule is when you want that to be done. I am sure you know all this but...

BOL has enough information for you to create jobs and schedules in SQL Server Agent.

Search for Automated Administration : How to topics.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190268.aspx

Regards,

Sam

• Suresh B. (12/23/2008)

i want to execute it automatically for that job concpt have to use right ? am new to job concept ! whether have to create a job to execute the above query or anyother way to done it...?

You are rignt. To execute it automatically create a SQL Agent job and schedule it.

Expand the SQL Server Agent, right click on "New Job...". Add a new step and new schedule...

Hi can I do this by running SYSTEM pROCEDURES,

If yes pls guide me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply