I ruined my query

• I have a query that worked beautifully thanks to help from this forum.

Recently, I needed to add another condition to the CASE statement. The added line that ruined the query is in bold:

SELECT DISTINCT(WRid) AS JobNum, WRenteredDate, WRcurrentStatus, WRclaimNumber, WRstatusUpdated, BMcopynetInvoiceNumber, WRmodifiedDate,

CASE WHEN Payday IS NOT NULL THEN DEaltKeyValue ELSE '0' END AS totPaid

,CASE WHEN WRcurrentStatus = 110 THEN DEaltKeyValue ELSE '0' END AS totCancel

,CASE WHEN Payday IS NOT NULL OR WRcurrentStatus = 110 THEN '0' ELSE DEaltKeyValue END AS totOpen

,CASE WHEN WRcurrentStatus = 40 THEN DEaltKeyValue ELSE '0' END AS totVoid

,DEaltKeyValue AS totBillAmount

FROM workrequest

LEFT JOIN(SELECT DEkeyValue AS JobNumber, DEentryTypeID, DEenteredDate AS PayDay

FROM diaryentry inner join workrequest on DEkeyValue=WRid

AND DEentryTypeID='ENRPAY')AS cnt ON WRid=JobNumber

LEFT OUTER JOIN billmaster ON WRid = BMworkRequestId

LEFT OUTER JOIN diaryentry ON WRid = DEkeyValue

WHERE 1=1

AND WRmodifiedDate BETWEEN '" & strStartDate & "' AND '" & strEndDate & "'

AND diaryentry.DEentryTypeID='ENRINV' OR diaryentry.DEentryTypeID = 'ENRIVD'

AND DEdeletedDate IS NULL

AND BMdeletedDate IS NULL

AND BMvoidDate IS NULL

AND WRjobTypeID <> 'TRJTINT'

GROUP BY WRid, WRenteredDate, WRcurrentStatus, WRclaimNumber, WRmodifiedDate,

DEaltKeyValue, cnt.Payday, BMcopynetInvoiceNumber, WRstatusUpdated

ORDER BY WRid, BMcopynetInvoiceNumber, WRmodifiedDate

So now I have a new condition and a new column in the results called totVoid.

There should be data in one of the colums(totPaid, totCancel, TotOpen, or TotVoid) and the rest should have zeroes. However, after adding the TotVoid column, data is now duplicated in both the totOpen AND totVoid. So for every entry in totVoid, it is duplicated in totOpen.

This should not be the case. But I can't figure out why it would be doing this.

Can anyone see an issue with the query?

Thanks!

• There must be data in both totVoid and totOpen. This query isn't adding or duplicating data into your tables - it's only a SELECT statement. Did you check your tables first?

-SQLBill

• Data will be in the TotOpen column if PayDay is Null or WRcurrentStatus is not 110.

(NOTE: PayDay is the result of a subquery)

Data will be in TotVoid column if WRcurrentStatus = 40

Maybe I am wording the CASE statement wrong?

• Replace the totOpen column def in Query with this, hope it will work

CASE WHEN Payday IS NOT NULL OR WRcurrentStatus = 110 OR WRcurrentStatus = 40 THEN '0' ELSE DEaltKeyValue END AS totOpen

• Hey Gopi! That worked! What did you do? I don't understand your logic behind the change.

But thanks!

• Its very simple logic,

In All the four columns One Column only contains the value and all other's contains 0, Then dont allow any value to be true for two conditions, that's it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply