Installing issues SQL Express

• Earlier i used Windows XP with SQL2005 . I changed my OS to Windows 7 and i tried to install SQL on Windows 7 .

But there was a errors - SQL 2005 compatibility issues .

What are the steps should follow to install SQL 2005 on Windows 7

thanks

• What was the error message? The Error Log can be found at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• This is log file

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.1399.06

==============================

OS Version : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

Time : Fri Dec 18 16:36:43 2009

HARSHA-526A95DB : The current system does not meet the minimum hardware requirements for this SQL Server release. For system requirements, see Hardware and Software Requirements, in the readme file or in SQL Server Books Online.

Machine : HARSHA-526A95DB

Product : Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English)

Product Version : 9.00.1399.06

Install : Successful

Log File : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_HARSHA-526A95DB_SQLSupport_1.log

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product : Microsoft SQL Server Native Client

Log File : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_HARSHA-526A95DB_SQLNCLI_1.log

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product : Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components

Product Version : 11.0.6558.0

Log File : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_HARSHA-526A95DB_OWC11_1.log

Product : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Books Online (English)

Log File : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_HARSHA-526A95DB_BOL_1.log

Product : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward compatibility

Product Version : 8.05.1054

Log File : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_HARSHA-526A95DB_BackwardsCompat_1.log

Product : MSXML 6.0 Parser

Product Version : 6.00.3883.8

Log File : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_HARSHA-526A95DB_MSXML6_1.log

Product : SQLXML4

Log File : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_HARSHA-526A95DB_SQLXML4_1.log

Product : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools

Log File : c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_HARSHA-526A95DB_Tools.log

Setup succeeded with the installation, inspect the log file completely for status on all the components.

Time : Fri Dec 18 16:51:31 2009

• Going by the logs, I don't see the setup failing anywhere. It seems to have installed whatever was selected.

Pradeep Adiga

• very sorry .. that file was from another PC...

Under my PC there are no Setup Bootstrap folder

Only EULA,SDK and Shared folders.. lot of folders are missing under 90 folder

Thanks

• Looks like the previous installation of SQL Server has some left over files. Please uninstall the previous one. Refer this for more information.

Pradeep Adiga

• i got below warning msg while im installing

1) SQL Server Edition Operating System Compatibility

2)IIS Feature Requirement

Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or is disabled. IIS is required by some SQL Server features. Without IIS, some SQL Server features will not be available for installation. To install all SQL Server features, install IIS from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel or enable the IIS service through the Control Panel if it is already installed, and then run SQL Server Setup again. For a list of features that depend on IIS, see Features Supported by Editions of SQL Server in Books Online.

3)ASP.Net Version Registration Requirement

64-bit ASP.Net is Registered. Required 32-bit ASP.Net to install Microsoft Reporting Services 2005(32-bit).

I downloaded Service pack 2 and 3 and run it

• Like you said these are warning messages. If you do not want to install SSRS you may ignore those warning and proceed with the installation.

Pradeep Adiga

• after those warnings i continually installed. Then Components selection window ONLY workstation components ... check box enabled.. Others are disabled

Others are

1)SQLServer DB services

2)Analysis services

3)Reporting Services

4)Notification services

5)Integration Services

need advice

• Now SQL server Management studio opened. But here cant find server name.(no server - local)

Pls help

• Are you sure that you are trying to install SQL Server 2005 Express. Was this downloaded from here?

Pradeep Adiga

• SSMS would open because the "Client Components" were installed. You cannot find the SQL Server instance (local) because the Database Engine is not installed.

Are you sure that you are installing the Express Edition which was downloaded from here?

Pradeep Adiga

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply