Limite of output paramert,tables and stored procedure

• 1. How many output parameters can be declared in a stored procedure

2. How many table can be declared a database.

3. How many stored procedure can be created in a single database

Regards,

Atul

• 4. How many questions on the homework paper?

:laugh:

• 1. 2^64

2. Tables have to be named after animals, so the limit is as many animals as you can think of.

3. The usual naming convention for stored procedures is to name them after local take away restaurants - so, again, you're limited by how many you can think of.

Atlantis Interactive - SQL Server Tools
    My blog[/url]
    Why I wrote a sql query analyzer clone

• Matt Whitfield (10/6/2009)

1. 2^64

2. Tables have to be named after animals, so the limit is as many animals as you can think of.

3. The usual naming convention for stored procedures is to name them after local take away restaurants - so, again, you're limited by how many you can think of.

1. WOW, cannot count that high, Can I borrow a calculator off some one

2. DAMN, Now I need to get a book on animals...

3. Should be ok, lots of takeaways near me, I can get the names when I walk home.

sigh...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• What everyone is trying to say, just not in so many words, is, you need to look this stuff up for yourself. SQL Server comes with documentation. It will supply you this information if you take the time to read through it.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Thank you for clarifying that, Grant. I was up to 'Zebra' in my table names.

But I haven't started using dinosaur names or insect names yet.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious 24601 (10/6/2009)

Thank you for clarifying that, Grant. I was up to 'Zebra' in my table names.

But I haven't started using dinosaur names or insect names yet.

I'm not sure insects count as animals. Good thing you didn't go there or you'd have messed up your count in a major way.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Are insects minerals or vegetables?

Vegetables should really be used for table names.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• You can gain a lot of potential table names if you use Latin names (genus species style) as well as the vernacular. Extinct animals are a great source of extra names too.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (10/6/2009)

You can gain a lot of potential table names if you use Latin names (genus species style) as well as the vernacular. Extinct animals are a great source of extra names too.

Problem with that is that so many need to be named Dodo and you can only name one that way.

• Grant Fritchey (10/6/2009)

Problem with that is that so many need to be named Dodo and you can only name one that way.

No - it's like the rules in Fight Club - in death, animals have a name. Therefore the name 'HarryTheDodo' is perfectly valid...

Atlantis Interactive - SQL Server Tools
    My blog[/url]
    Why I wrote a sql query analyzer clone

• Paul White (10/6/2009)

4. How many questions on the homework paper?

:laugh:

*ding* *ding*, Looks like you cynicism tank is almost full Paul. 🙂

Ah yes, it's been six months, hasn't it? Which is almost exactly on time, and also means that it is time for me to ask you to re-review this thread, and let me know if you still feel the same way (about the first three posts). Don't worry, I'll live either way ... 😛

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Note: I am moving this to the Thread...

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• If Atul finds my attempt at humour offensive I'll gladly apologise and delete the post.

Paul

• GSquared (10/6/2009)

You can gain a lot of potential table names if you use Latin names (genus species style) as well as the vernacular. Extinct animals are a great source of extra names too.

But then you'd end up with spaces in the names, which is annoying.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply