Looking to get 70-432 Certified need suggestions...

• The upgrade path is not a bad deal. I prefer that route but to each their own.

Do you by chance mean that upgrade exams are cheaper than version specific exams?

You do know that these exams cost at least around 150 some US dollars so unless Microsoft has built-in discount for upgrade exams, I don't want to pay for both 2008 exam and then 2012 exam.

• lkokeunda (12/24/2011)

The upgrade path is not a bad deal. I prefer that route but to each their own.

Do you by chance mean that upgrade exams are cheaper than version specific exams?

If you upgrade you have a different path to achieve certification in the newer versions. You might want to look into it.

You do know that these exams cost at least around 150 some US dollars so unless Microsoft has built-in discount for upgrade exams, I don't want to pay for both 2008 exam and then 2012 exam.

Are you currently certified? Whether you are or not will impact on the path that you pursue.

You have to take less exams for an upgrade than you do if you do not already have a certification in SQL Server.

If it is all about money then wait for the 2012 and you are correct in that it will cost you less.

If you only have 2012 on your resume that is not necessarily a plus.:-P

Good luck. 🙂

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/

• I was in the process of saving enough money to buy the 70-432 from CBT Nuggets and looked at their website today and the price for the DVDs have jumped from $299 to $499...

• itpcpro (1/4/2012)

I was in the process of saving enough money to buy the 70-432 from CBT Nuggets and looked at their website today and the price for the DVDs have jumped from $299 to $499...

Not sure I would spend that much money on those videos.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• The SeftTest CD's aren't bad for some test and they were really good for a SQL Fundamentals test that I took years ago.

http://www.selftestsoftware.com/certtestprep/practice-test/microsoft/70-432.kap

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/

• SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

itpcpro (1/4/2012)

I was in the process of saving enough money to buy the 70-432 from CBT Nuggets and looked at their website today and the price for the DVDs have jumped from $299 to $499...

I wouldn't

But then, I can't talk. I've just spent over $3000 on a training course.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (1/4/2012)

SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

itpcpro (1/4/2012)

I wouldn't

Immersions course? I find no problem in paying that for one of those courses.

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

GilaMonster (1/4/2012)

SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

itpcpro (1/4/2012)

I wouldn't

Yup. London, May.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Well I feel like the training is worth the money.. I guess my hangup is that I am paying them an extra $200 for nothing more then it is a new year.. I would have thought the training price would have dropped as the new SQL 2012 is coming out soon... At least with Trainsignal for $400 you get the training and a pratice test they say is worth $100... I just heard good things about CBT Nuggets..

• itpcpro (1/4/2012)

Well I feel like the training is worth the money.. I guess my hangup is that I am paying them an extra $200 for nothing more then it is a new year.. I would have thought the training price would have dropped as the new SQL 2012 is coming out soon... At least with Trainsignal for $400 you get the training and a pratice test they say is worth $100... I just heard good things about CBT Nuggets..

If you really want to use that material, it wouldn't hurt to find a promo code or call cbt nuggets direct. I think there are plenty of good resources on the net (videos and blogs) to enable better training.

Learn Extended Events

• GilaMonster (1/4/2012)

SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

GilaMonster (1/4/2012)

SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

itpcpro (1/4/2012)

I wouldn't

Yup. London, May.

That would be two really good things tied into one - a vacation trip to London and Immersions. I'll daydream about it a few hours longer.

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

That would be two really good things tied into one - a vacation trip to London and Immersions. I'll daydream about it a few hours longer.

Well I'm not exactly going to get a course like that any closer than London.

Gail Shaw

• SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

GilaMonster (1/4/2012)

SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

itpcpro (1/4/2012)

I wouldn't

For such a course, that money is OK. IBM and SAP are charging insanely amounts of money for introductory courses.

edit: I looked it up. $2000 dollars for an introductory on Cognos dimensional report authoring. I course I wanted to follow some time ago. Not as much as $3000, but the level isn't as high at all.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (1/4/2012)

SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

GilaMonster (1/4/2012)

SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

itpcpro (1/4/2012)

I wouldn't

For such a course, that money is OK. IBM and SAP are charging insanely amounts of money for introductory courses.

edit: I looked it up. $2000 dollars for an introductory on Cognos dimensional report authoring. I course I wanted to follow some time ago. Not as much as $3000, but the level isn't as high at all.

ICK - I can't believe you mentioned that crap here. They say the current versions are better than Cognos 7 but I doubt it.

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (1/4/2012)

Koen Verbeeck (1/4/2012)

ICK - I can't believe you mentioned that crap here. They say the current versions are better than Cognos 7 but I doubt it.

A former client of mine used it, ergo, I used it too.

Cognos is not as much WYSIWYG as Reporting Services, but the metadata model (the cognos framework) is better than the one used in earlier versions of Report Builder (the report model). Ad-hoc analysis by non-tech savvy users is a bit easier in Cognos. But it is not a magnificent product, especially getting the layout right in reports can be a bit frustrating.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply