Mirroring - The alert for 'time behind' has been raised.

• I am randomly getting the following in the server log:

The alert for 'time behind' has been raised. The current value of '6' surpasses the threshold '5'.

I will get this error for a certain amount of time (it varies) and then it seems to take care of itself.

My question is what should I do to troubleshoot this? Does the problem lie at the network layer? I tried researching and haven't found anything that troubleshoots the problem, just says how to setup the alerts.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• From what I recall of mirroring, the time behind is flagged when the database hasn't been restored in the given amount of time you've set. What is your mirroring interval?

• Yes, this is a warning if the age of the oldest unsent transaction exceeds 5 minutes.

My question is, if it does exceed, is the problem with the network between the two servers or where? I see no errors on either server or other mirrored databases on the same machine.

Thanks!

• My question is what should I do to troubleshoot this? Does the problem lie at the network layer?

There are some mirroring performance countersthat can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Good Luck!

* Noel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply