Modify File OS error 112

• Here are my details.

OS 2003

Disk 106 GB Total size 62 GB free (Formated NTFS and is configured as a Basic Disk)

I am running SQL 2005 (9.00.3054.00)

I am attempting to expand a log file from 20 megs to 50 megs. When I do this the UI returns the error described in the posting details... (Message body won't allow me to paste using firefox???)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• bump... Anybody?

• Now I know someone has the answer to this...I met up with one of the guys I used to work with and he confirmed that our Enterprise DBA has a similar issue. I know it isn't me and all I can say is how massively annoying it is when you're app blows up because of a stupid database issue that should have a simple fix...

Anybody?

Bueller?

• It's hard to say what that means as your error may appears for a long list of reasons; however, it's good to check if your sql server service has "performe volume maintenance task" permission (read in BOL what that is); then I would say to move your db to other disk and chkdsk the current. I am sure I do not have to mention, but check your log file properties once again if the growth is permitted.

good luck

• I believe OS error 112 relates to disk space. I know you say you have 63GB free, but have you checked the free space on the drive where the log file is?

John

• Ya.. this is a weird one.. The drive the data file and log file are both on the G: drive. The G: drive has Plenty of space available.

The log file is set to grow automatically by 10% and the current size is 50 megs. I can not even manually increase the log size with out getting this error.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply