Multi-Value parameter

• Thanks, i use this is for view the content of the variable.

I still dont know how I can replace the content of the multivalued parameter with more than one value...

riesbrink (12/7/2010)

Hi I don't know if you have resolved you rproblem but the syntax that you should enter is:

=JOIN(Parameters!ParameterValue.Value,", ")

• Wondering if this is my issue. My dataset where clause is where convert(varchar, m.meetingid) in (@p_Meetings) and my parameter for that dataset is =join(Parameters!p_Meetings.Value,",")

It works for one value, but not for multiple. No error, but no values. Even if I include the one it works with in single, it still comes out blank when I choose others that should return values. The values coming back should be 1,2,3,4,5. Tested the query and it works.

Any ideas?

• Are you passing that parameter to a SQL query in the dataset or to a stored procedure?

If you are passing it into a query in the dataset you should not be joining the values together, just pass it as is, SSRS will interpolate the parameter into a valid SQL statement.

When you join the multivalued parameter SSRS will interpolate it in the query as the single value i.e. in ('a,b,c')

When you pass a multivalued parameter as is SSRS will correctly interpolate it as a list i.e. in ('a','b','c')

If you are passing to a stored procedure you still don't need the join expression, as it is passed as a single string. You can google "ssrs passing multi-valued parameters to stored procedure" for more details on how to handle that.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply