Oracle SSIS package

• Hi,

I have a SSIS package with a connection whit ORACLE.

When I am installation the package, I have the next error: DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager....

The package have the propiety Protection Level --> EncryptSensitiveWithPassword.

Thans.

• Hey,

Are you running this from BIDS or from SQL server agent as a SSIS Package?

~PD

• Hi

I had the same problem on a project last year, also had to connect to an Oracle DB from SSIS but kept getting the same error, struggled with this one! At the end I asked the Oracle team to write a script to export the data I needed into a text file that I then imported into SQL using SSIS, not the best solution but my time was running out and project deadlines were nearby!

Sorry, I know this is not an answer to your question but it would be interesting to see if anyone has a solution.

🙂

• That is why I am such a huge fan of SSIS configurations.

It assigns all the connections when the package loads, and hence I dont need to worry about saving any sensitive information.

I have never had issues with Aquiring connections. However, I have to admit that this wasnt done on Oracle...

~PD

• Have you tried to run the SSIS-package after it is saved and deployed without encryptsensitive?

Is encryptsensitive really usefull in your situation?

I don't think that this problem is typical for connecting to an Oracle database.

I have been working with Oracle databases and Powercenter (ETL tool that is used to do the same job as SSIS) for quit a few years. Last year I switched to working with Microsoft tools, mostly because I wanted to know if it is really that different.

I had some trouble running the SSIS-packages after deploying (installing) them on a different server. Running SSIS-packages build by a collegue caused the same problem.

Then I found out that without encryptsensitive there was no problem.

So I asked myself if I really needed encryptsensitive. In the environment I was working the answer was no: The connection user_id and password that I stored in SSIS-package are not 'sensitive' enough to be encrypted because they are valid for my personal server/database only. For all other servers (test, acceptance, production) they are overruled by the connection user_id/password that is stored in the configuration table. (or a environment variable or in a file with settings for the specific enviromment).

Once the connection parameters are included in a configuration table, file or environment variable and you have put the information how to use them in the SSIS-package, you can put something like user abc password xyz in the connection in the SSIS-package. this is not 'sensitive' at all, because it doesn't work on any database.

• I run such packages with Oracle connections without problems. If you run it from SSIS store make sure you specified protection level when you upload package to SSIS.

You need to specify decrypt option when you execute the package: /De[crypt] password

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply