Package designer in BIDS can't find a table

• Problem 1.

I'm trying to create a dataflow task using an OLE DB Destination (which is the local system and same database as the OLE DB Source database). The task is to copy data via an SQL SELECT statement to the destination table. The Data Access mode for the destination is "Table or "View". The problem is that the drop-down list of tables & views does not include the table I want as the destination. However, if I use the Import/Export wizard, the table is listed OK, and the wizard works fine. The table in question was created today, and has the same security settings as all the other tables in the database, all of which show in the table/view drop-down list.

Problem 2.

When I select a connection manager for my iSeries (AS/400) system, I can select the destination table there OK, and the package executes OK, but the number of rows written to the iSeries table is 4 less than the number of rows selected by the OLE DB Source (SQL SELECT statement)!

Ken

• Never mind. I deleted everything and started over again from scratch today, and it all works as expected. Very mysterious!:unsure:

Ken

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply