Problems applying SP2 to MSDE 2000 on Win98

• Hi there,

I have two pc with a plain Windows 98SE (German). I installed MSDE for SQL 2000 (German) and it worked. Now I tried to apply the SP2 (German) and everytime and the near end I get an error message:'Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine - Scripts could not be executed!' and the Setup rollsback.

Has anybody an idea what i'm doing wrong???

Please help.

Thanks Thorsten

• Hi!

I have found the solution. The problem is, that SP1 and SP2 of MSDE try to connect to the local server using NT-Authentification. Win98 does not support NT-Authentification only sql-Authentification can be used. So you have to make changes in the Setup.ini. You have to add: UPGRADEUSER=sa to the [Options] section. This forces the Setup of SP to use the sa-User, but make sure that you have deleted the password of the sa before starting the Setup.

Now it should work.

Anyway, thanks.

Thorsten

• Hi!

I have found the solution. The problem is, that SP1 and SP2 of MSDE try to connect to the local server using NT-Authentification. Win98 does not support NT-Authentification only sql-Authentification can be used. So you have to make changes in the Setup.ini. You have to add: UPGRADEUSER=sa to the [Options] section. This forces the Setup of SP to use the sa-User, but make sure that you have deleted the password of the sa before starting the Setup.

Now it should work.

Anyway, thanks.

Thorsten

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply