Simulation Questions Exam 70-431

• Hi,

Last friday, I had attempt Exam 70-431.

I face some issues during examination. I am not getting any object explore/ picture for answering the simulation questions.:w00t:

May be I miss something or test has some problem.:hehe:

Can anybody, give me some right direction.

1. How can I solve simulation questions? (During exam, when i click on simulation button, I had redirect at simple desktop, how can i get object explore screen/ pictures to solve them)?

2. How can I prepare these type of questions?

Please answer me immediately, as i have plan to attempt again.

Rahul

• If you had a problem with the test, you should have brought it to the attention of the person giving the test. They are responsible for ensuring everything works correctly.

-SQLBill

• Simulation is performing a task in Management Studio the way you will do it on the job. More than half of the tasks are simple if you know SQL Server and Microsoft clearly covered some features of SMS may not be enabled. So you need to spend time with SQL Server BOL search for Visual Configurations of all the tasks you need to know.

These are the reasons to only buy books with eval copy of the product so you can work on tasks in Management Studio.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Or download a 90-day trial version....

Or buy the Developer Version for very little money....

• Hi,

Can any one give some simulation lins on this exam.

Thanks -- Vj

http://dotnetvj.blogspot.com

• Vijaya Kadiyala (7/9/2008)

Hi,

Can any one give some simulation lins on this exam.

Thanks -- Vj

http://dotnetvj.blogspot.com[/quote%5D

Asking for or using braindumps is against the rules of the exam and can get you certifications revoked.

Best way to get through the sims - know your way around management studio. Simple as that.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I had problems with my 70-431 exam too. One of the simulation questions I got referred to importing bulk records but instead of getting the Options page of the Property dialog box of a database I was given the Advanced page of the Property dialog box for a Server. I reported the problem to the test center but the woman overlooking the exam had no clue a to what to do. She only said to report it for Prometric at the end of the exam. However Prometric told me to contact Microsoft after a week. But Microsoft will only entertain challenges within 3 days of taking the exam. After an exam make a challenge by visiting the site below:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/policies/itemchallenge.mspx

I couldn't find tests on simulation questions either but I did download SQL Server 2005 Express with SSMS Express & other software that you need for the Express version. Having Express makes it easy to work in an actual environment & gain experience that way.

I hope this helps. 🙂

Harry Amow

• Can someone clarify the exam pattern of 70-431?

Is it like 50% multiple choice questions and 50% simulation questions?

or is it 100% simulation

• If memory serves me correctly, there are about 18 multiple choice questions & 12 simulation questions. The simulation questions have more "weighting" because I failed with 600 points & I got almost all of my multiple choice questions correct, while I got just under 50% of the simulations correct. But if I was given a simulation question with the wrong environment what else was inaccurate about the exam? Every time I have to sit the exam I pay US$80, but in my currency that's a little over $480. I would have liked to have thought that Microsoft would have had questions that were accurate. :crazy:

If there were inaccurate questions the main thing to ask is what else was inaccurate?

• I thought it was about 30-35 multiple choice and 12 sims, but I could be wrong. It's been well over a year for me.

You need to be familiar with SSMS, including add/edit/delete of various objects (users, roles, tables, views, linked servers, etc.)

Any of the books out there walk you through the things you need to do, you just need to practice doing them.

• I was so upset about the inaccuracy of the simulation questions that I lost track of the multip0le choice ones. But if there are so many simulation questions then the weighting in favor of the simulation ones is much higher than I originally thought. I want to retake the exam but I'm waiting for Microsoft to reply to my challenge which is in another week or 3 from now. This assumes they'll reply which they if they'll do once the appropriate department examines the exam. I'm sure they would because they did reply to a previous challenge & gave me a free voucher. However the questions I challenged came up again without corrections. Replying & correcting are separate actions. But in this case they should go hand in hand. I'm curious here I m trying to get my MCITP which is based on SQL Server 2005 & SQL Server 2008 recently came out. I'm already redundant! :Whistling:

• (I thought it was about 30-35 multiple choice and 12 sims, but I could be wrong. It's been well over a year for me.)

In the US as of April this year that is correct but my take on the grading is different from Harryamow because I think your score in the multiple choice is frozen and release is based on your comfort with Management Studio like knowing by default where to perform each task. But I lost points for leaving most simulations open and doing review at the same time.

So anybody who wants to take the test run searches in BOL for how to use Management Studio to perform SQL Server admin tasks. It is not a difficult test if you spend time with Management Studio and the BOL.

And no Harryamow you are not redundant.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Sorry Gift, I'm a mainframe DBA trying to update my skills in the PC world. I used the wrong word, I said redundant but I meant obsolete.:doze:

• Thanks all, for your useful replies!!

I assume that the multiple choice questions to simulation questions come in the exam in the ratio 3:1

I am preparing for the exam with Sybex tutorial book and Microsoft self paced training kit. Hope I will make it up in the exam..

😀

• Thanks for the info. But I am very comfortable using SSMS. I downloaded SQL Server2005 Express & SSMS Express on my laptop & I've been practicing using SSMS as often as I could. There was only 2 questions in the simulation I took time on. The 1st was the....

Editor: Remove the question details as it violates NDA

But thanks for the tip.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply