SQL DB Architect Requirements

• Hi,

I'm new to this forum and need help from seniors to help me out on the below requirement. Thanks in advance.

I have around 8+ yrs of experience in sql server db that includes t-sql experience, migration, ssrs 4 yrs development, data modeling, etc.

My clarification, though i have 8+ yrs of experience in sql. I dont have a full or partial list of things which architect should know. I need a list something like below,

- Should have detail knowledge in data modeling

- Strong experience in ssrs with tabular, matrix, chart reports,

- SSIS packaging experience with.....

If seniors in this forum help me on this, it will be a great help to me. I'm planning to learn and get expertise in the things which i dont have experience.

Thanks in advance for the help.

• I don't know the answer myself, but have you looked at job adverts for that role as a starting point?

• Job adverts would be the best thing, then you will get an idea of what employers want you to know. Also, sign up to linked in. Have a look through the skills of the DBA's on there

• writetodnh (10/10/2013)

I'm planning to learn

1. Read articles , blogs.

2. Keeps books handy may be kindle.

3. discuss with peers or other people who have good (new ) knowledge.

4. indulge yourself by hepling people in their sql work.

5. last but not LEAST register yourself in sql forum like here. read the post ..read their ateempts (their failure and success and how and what they did to make it).

writetodnh (10/10/2013)

get expertise in the things which i dont have experience.

Only PRACTICE is the ONLY way .. other wise all the work done above will be wash away after some time (it will happen and it happens with me ..).

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply