SQL Server database Mirroring

• Dear All,

For database mirroring in addition to using SQL Server 2008 Enterprice, is there any other alternatives and that is cheaper

Regards,

Revimarcos Nasution

revinasution@live.com

• It is possible that there are alternative 3rd Party Tools for mirroring but seeing as you have Enterprise software running you have it for free anyway and it is IMHO extremely good.

I would use that rather than trying to hunt around looking for something else.

The only exception *might* be if you have your SQL Server running on a VM and the VM is mirrored. I would suggest that database mirroring becomes redundant in that case.

• Agree with the previous answer, but also you can have an standard edition and use mirroring. The only thing you can't use some of the best features like, partitioning, online maintenance. etc.

• paul.s.vidal (12/27/2016)

Agree with the previous answer, but also you can have an standard edition and use mirroring. The only thing you can't use some of the best features like, partitioning, online maintenance. etc.

Good to know.....I actually thought it is / was an Enterprise Feature. Thanks for the Info...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply