sql server management/diagnostic tools

• Hi all,  I  have had some experience with Netiq's db monitoring tools.  I am in the process of evaluating Quest's software for sql server.  Please forward me your opinions/reviews/advise as regards to these products.   If  a similar query has been posted before, my apologies.  please be kind enough to point me in the right direction.   Thx as usual.

wize

• I have been using NET IQ DM for about a year and am quite pleased with it...I have had a few issues with their tech support in the past as it has been flaky at best. However, they turned this product over to a company called Idera and since then, they have been great...

• I've worked with Spotlight for Oracle and that is good....  Did some brief analysis of Spotlight for SQL and its got some good features, namely - the integration with OS layer as well as the database tier.  The UI is fantastic but the app does add quite a bit of overhead to the running of the database.  One thing that I found missing on the current version that we've been assured is coming it to pick out specific SQL statements, this isn't currently available but I'm sure the Quest boys are on the case..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply