Talking baseball

• Don't know how many of you have seen this video!

It's a Japanese baseball-themed ad for Toyota. I posted it on my Facebook over a year ago, and it still cracks me up anytime I see it!

I particularly like the part where they have the relay throw "home" -- and the argument that ensues!

Anyway, I figured I'd post it for everyone's enjoyment!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• For your reading enjoyment, here's an article on Baseball's Enduring Oddities.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• Opening day was yesterday and I've already experienced one of my favorite things in life. I managed to take a nap during the Rays/Blue Jays game 😀

KC beat the Mets in their championship rematch last night and the bulk of opening day activities occur today.

Here we go boys!

:-D:w00t::hehe:

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• calvo (4/4/2016)

Opening day was yesterday and I've already experienced one of my favorite things in life. I managed to take a nap during the Rays/Blue Jays game 😀

KC beat the Mets in their championship rematch last night and the bulk of opening day activities occur today.

Here we go boys!

I actually napped during Cardinals vs. Pirates. 🙂

I saw something this morning about the possibility of HOU vs. NYY being postponed because of weather. I was hoping to listen to that during work this afternoon. I'll have to check to see whether (weather?) or not it's still on.

• Ray K (4/4/2016)

calvo (4/4/2016)

Opening day was yesterday and I've already experienced one of my favorite things in life. I managed to take a nap during the Rays/Blue Jays game 😀

Here we go boys!

I actually napped during Cardinals vs. Pirates. 🙂

I saw something this morning about the possibility of HOU vs. NYY being postponed because of weather. I was hoping to listen to that during work this afternoon. I'll have to check to see whether (weather?) or not it's still on.

Yep, confirmed. No baseball in the Bronx today 🙁

Calvo: I did stay awake during that game yesterday to hear a great story that you'd appreciate. The announcer (forgot who it was) was on an elevator with David Ortiz. The elevator stops and two kids get on. They keep staring at Big Papi. One of them asks, "are you who I think you are?" Papi responds, "who do you think I am?" The kid responds, "FloRida?"

So everyone gets off the elevator. Papi never corrects the kid! When they get to the Red Sox clubhouse, he makes the announcer tell everyone in the clubhouse that story!

• Ray K (4/4/2016)

Calvo: I did stay awake during that game yesterday to hear a great story that you'd appreciate. The announcer (forgot who it was) was on an elevator with David Ortiz. The elevator stops and two kids get on. They keep staring at Big Papi. One of them asks, "are you who I think you are?" Papi responds, "who do you think I am?" The kid responds, "FloRida?"

So everyone gets off the elevator. Papi never corrects the kid! When they get to the Red Sox clubhouse, he makes the announcer tell everyone in the clubhouse that story!

Ha, papi beng papi?

I wonder if he'll get the same farewell tour treatment that jeter and rivera got.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

• calvo (4/4/2016)

Ray K (4/4/2016)

Ha, papi beng papi?

I wonder if he'll get the same farewell tour treatment that jeter and rivera got.

I hope so. We might not have liked him in the Bronx, but I'd like to think that my fellow Yankee fans acknowledge and appreciate a worthy and respectable adversary!

• Enjoyed the Tigers-Rays spring training game in Lakeland, FL last Friday. My son and I were picked to read clues as to where we're from over the PA system and he was given a gift bag for participating. Sitting in the 2nd row behind the Rays dugout one of the Rays players tossed him a baseball, too - made his day.

• Grumpy DBA (4/4/2016)

Enjoyed the Tigers-Rays spring training game in Lakeland, FL last Friday. My son and I were picked to read clues as to where we're from over the PA system and he was given a gift bag for participating. Sitting in the 2nd row behind the Rays dugout one of the Rays players tossed him a baseball, too - made his day.

Amazing. Perhaps one of the rare days you were not as grumpy as usual? I love the interaction players have with young fans. A simple high five or toss of a ball will impact them for life.

• calvo (4/4/2016)

Grumpy DBA (4/4/2016)

Enjoyed the Tigers-Rays spring training game in Lakeland, FL last Friday. My son and I were picked to read clues as to where we're from over the PA system and he was given a gift bag for participating. Sitting in the 2nd row behind the Rays dugout one of the Rays players tossed him a baseball, too - made his day.

Amazing. Perhaps one of the rare days you were not as grumpy as usual? I love the interaction players have with young fans. A simple high five or toss of a ball will impact them for life.

I'm never grumpy on vacation... well, driving in Orlando where people from all over the world congregate to go to the happiest place on Earth and have no idea how to drive (saw several people go through Stop signs, saw someone driving the wrong way on a divided road, saw a car stopped on the sidewalk...) can make one a bit grumpy. Other than driving, I'm never grumpy on vacation.

True, all a baseball player needs to do is acknowledge a young fan and you can see that fan's face light up immediately.

• Big Reds fan... never been to Opening Day yet... tickets sell out in minutes and second hand tickets are very expensive. Plus the weather can be very cold. Still love the Reds and baseball in general. Reds had a great Opening Day game.

• I have not followed the Reds since Pete Rose left. (yes that long ago) For that matter I really do not follow baseball that close, I cannot keep up with the player movements these days so I just sort of spectate from the cheap seats, 😀 and I do like to watch a game now and then.

The Columbus built a new stadium several years ago, and I still have not managed to get to a Clippers game there. It is on my list of things to due this year.

• The Red Sox/Indians game was canceled because it was too cold..... how lame. They don't use that excuse when it is snowing in October! Their makeup game is today. Forecast is 36 degrees.

I wonder how much the loss of money plays into that decision making on openning day.

You guys see the Dodgers crush the Padres 15-0? 1-0, they're done for the year.

• calvo (4/5/2016)

The Red Sox/Indians game was canceled because it was too cold..... how lame. They don't use that excuse when it is snowing in October! Their makeup game is today. Forecast is 36 degrees.

I wonder how much the loss of money plays into that decision making on openning day.

You guys see the Dodgers crush the Padres 15-0? 1-0, they're done for the year.

Maybe it's me, but it seems like baseball is more childish and soft than other sports. Too cold? I don't like playing the cold, but if fans show up, play the game.

I hate some of the unwritten, baby rules as well. Someone flips a bat or celebrates an HR? Pitchers celebrate, but who cares. If you don't want them celebrating, throw it by them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 1,967 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply