Talking baseball

• "I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• Even year for the Giants. They surprised the home team in the play-in (just 2014), are the underdogs (just like all the other years), have no offense (what else is new) and have the mad Bum (playoff legend). It's groundhog day every two years here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Anyone catch last night's ALDS game? Wow, what a finish!

I wouldn't want to face the Toronto Blue Jays right now! Should be interesting to see if Cleveland wins one more or if Boston comes back to win three straight!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• You can find me in the "Let's talk about football" thread. I'll be back in 6 months. Let's go Patriots!

So salty. Man, it wasn't even close. To have a great season just to get swept by Francona, Napoli, and Crisp. So salty. Couldn't even win one game to give the hope of a comeback. Send David Price back to the manufacturer, waste of money.

Alright, I got that out.

Let's go Nats! lol. I'd love to see the Nationals win, I'd also be okay with the Cubs or Indians. It is shaping up to be an interesting picture.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• Ray K (10/10/2016)

Anyone catch last night's ALDS game? Wow, what a finish!

I wouldn't want to face the Toronto Blue Jays right now! Should be interesting to see if Cleveland wins one more or if Boston comes back to win three straight!

Saw the highlights. Wow, like a play in the old man's league.

• So I'm in the gym in Vegas the other night, watching Cubs v Giants. See the Giants go up and seem to be playing well. Saw the hit off the slanted wall that was a double and then the Giants go up 5-2. Thinking as I walk to the room that they really need to paint a specific line on the wall in every stadium. It should be crystal clear to fans where the HR line is.

Shower, go downstairs for dinner. See it's the top of the 9th and the Cubs have gone from 5-2 to 5-3 while I'm in the shower. Men on 2nd and 3rd. I'm sitting turned around in my seat as the TV is behind me to the left, and I watch the Cubs come back and go up.

Quite an exciting time. And a semi-cold dinner for me because of the distraction.

• Tried to stay up last night to watch Dodgers vs. Nationals Game 5. I made it to the 8th inning before I finally gave up and went to bed. I didn't know what had happened until I saw the news this morning!

So the final four is set! Dodgers vs. Cubs, and Blue Jays vs. Indians! Who's it gonna be?

It's definitely a fun postseason!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• Ray K (10/14/2016)

Tried to stay up last night to watch Dodgers vs. Nationals Game 5. I made it to the 8th inning before I finally gave up and went to bed. I didn't know what had happened until I saw the news this morning!

So the final four is set! Dodgers vs. Cubs, and Blue Jays vs. Indians! Who's it gonna be?

It's definitely a fun postseason!

Cubs in 6. Impossible to say between the Jays and Indians; both teams are on fire.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• I hope the Indians don't win it... I will never hear the end of it here.... lol

No matter who wins it there will be a World Series drought coming to an end.

• Markus (10/17/2016)

No matter who wins it there will be a World Series drought coming to an end.

I was thinking about that this morning: Cubs (no WS title since 1908), Indians (1948), Dodgers (1988), Blue Jays (1993).

Something's gonna give!

• I'm hoping for the Cubs, I know what that kind of drought feels like. If they win, that town is going to go bonkers. Not to mention the redemption for Steve Bartman!

I'd be okay with the Indians but the least satisfied with a Dodgers or Blue Jays wins.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• calvo (10/18/2016)

I'm hoping for the Cubs, I know what that kind of drought feels like. If they win, that town is going to go bonkers. Not to mention the redemption for Steve Bartman!

I'd be okay with the Indians but the least satisfied with a Dodgers or Blue Jays wins.

ditto

• Wow, just when I was starting to think the Dodgers were going to be the dominant team in the NLCS, they go and shoot themselves in the foot.

Whichever team wins the NLCS will determine what team I'm rooting for in the Series. If LA wins, I'm rooting for Cleveland. If Chicago wins, I'm rooting for them.

Nothing against the Dodgers; it's just that they've won it a little more recently... 🙂

• Ray K (10/20/2016)

Wow, just when I was starting to think the Dodgers were going to be the dominant team in the NLCS, they go and shoot themselves in the foot.

Whichever team wins the NLCS will determine what team I'm rooting for in the Series. If LA wins, I'm rooting for Cleveland. If Chicago wins, I'm rooting for them.

Nothing against the Dodgers; it's just that they've won it a little more recently... 🙂

Ditto

• Ray K (10/20/2016)

Wow, just when I was starting to think the Dodgers were going to be the dominant team in the NLCS, they go and shoot themselves in the foot.

I am rooting for ANYONE other than the Indians.... LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1,741 through 1,755 (of 1,967 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply