Talking baseball

• What do you think of Charlie Sheen ("Wild Thing") throwing the first pitch in Cleveland?

I think it would be a good stunt but it does not matter to me.

• djj (10/21/2016)

What do you think of Charlie Sheen ("Wild Thing") throwing the first pitch in Cleveland?

Um, yes please! How epic would that be to hear the wild thing song start up and Ricky Vaughn comes charging out of the bullpen to throw the first pitch!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• calvo (10/21/2016)

djj (10/21/2016)

What do you think of Charlie Sheen ("Wild Thing") throwing the first pitch in Cleveland?

Um, yes please! How epic would that be to hear the wild thing song start up and Ricky Vaughn comes charging out of the bullpen to throw the first pitch!

"Wild thing... you make my heart sing... you walk everything...!"

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Alan.B (10/14/2016)

Ray K (10/14/2016)

Tried to stay up last night to watch Dodgers vs. Nationals Game 5. I made it to the 8th inning before I finally gave up and went to bed. I didn't know what had happened until I saw the news this morning!

So the final four is set! Dodgers vs. Cubs, and Blue Jays vs. Indians! Who's it gonna be?

It's definitely a fun postseason!

Cubs in 6. Impossible to say between the Jays and Indians; both teams are on fire.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• Alan.B (10/22/2016)

Alan.B (10/14/2016)

Ray K (10/14/2016)

Tried to stay up last night to watch Dodgers vs. Nationals Game 5. I made it to the 8th inning before I finally gave up and went to bed. I didn't know what had happened until I saw the news this morning!

So the final four is set! Dodgers vs. Cubs, and Blue Jays vs. Indians! Who's it gonna be?

Cubs in 6. Impossible to say between the Jays and Indians; both teams are on fire.

So you took the crystal ball? 😀

• So the Cubs live to play another game!

Do the Cubs have enough gas in the tank to win the last two, or do the Indians have them up against the ropes?

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• djj (10/24/2016)

Alan.B (10/22/2016)

Alan.B (10/14/2016)

Ray K (10/14/2016)

So you took the crystal ball? 😀

Yep. I never get sports predictions right on my own. 😛

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• Ray K (10/31/2016)

So the Cubs live to play another game!

Do the Cubs have enough gas in the tank to win the last two, or do the Indians have them up against the ropes?

Game 7 baby! The Cubs have won the last 2 and have the momentum! If there was ever a "clutch" moment, this is it.

I just wish Theo wasn't the GM, that's the only salty spot for me.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

• This last game could go either way... I was looking this morning and both teams have scored 19 runs each in these 6 games.

Kluber is their best guy and he has been lights out....

HOWEVER, the pressure is on him to deliver BIG TIME!

I am rooting for the Cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Markus (11/2/2016)

This last game could go either way... I was looking this morning and both teams have scored 19 runs each in these 6 games.

ditto

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• Markus (11/2/2016)

This last game could go either way... I was looking this morning and both teams have scored 19 runs each in these 6 games.

Me too!!!

Although I'd be okay with the Indians winning it. No matter who wins, someone's drought ends!

Of course, whichever team loses will be stuck with the dubious title of Longest World Series Drought...

• Ray K (11/2/2016)

Markus (11/2/2016)

Me too!!!

Although I'd be okay with the Indians winning it. No matter who wins, someone's drought ends!

Of course, whichever team loses will be stuck with the dubious title of Longest World Series Drought...

No... NO..... I live In the middle of Ohio.... I will never hear the end of it if the Indians win... lol

• Markus (11/2/2016)

Ray K (11/2/2016)

Markus (11/2/2016)

Me too!!!

No... NO..... I live In the middle of Ohio.... I will never hear the end of it if the Indians win... lol

Could be worse -- you could be in MY shoes! I'm a Yankee fan living in upstate New York -- and I'm surrounded by Mets and Red Sox fans. (And if that's not enough, I'm MARRIED to a Red Sox fan. Yeah, mixed marriage!)

• Ray K (11/2/2016)

Markus (11/2/2016)

Ray K (11/2/2016)

Markus (11/2/2016)

Me too!!!

Could be worse -- you could be in MY shoes! I'm a Yankee fan living in upstate New York -- and I'm surrounded by Mets and Red Sox fans. (And if that's not enough, I'm MARRIED to a Red Sox fan. Yeah, mixed marriage!)

OK... ya got me there. I sort of know the feeling.... My wife is a Braves fan... I am a Reds fan... 1995... NLCS.. Reds VS Braves... lol

• Ray K (11/2/2016)

Markus (11/2/2016)

Ray K (11/2/2016)

Markus (11/2/2016)

Me too!!!

What's worse, divisional marriages or interleague marriages? I'm leaning divisional.

Sorry Ray, the obvious solution is to just assimilate and start cheering on the Sox. Do it for the kids!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,756 through 1,770 (of 1,967 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply