TEMPDB Full

• Hi

I am getting following error while running select statement

which is referencinng the view...pl advice

Server: Msg 1101, Level 17, State 10, Line 18

Could not allocate new page for database 'TEMPDB'. There are no more pages available in filegroup DEFAULT. Space can be created by dropping objects, adding additional files, or allowing file growth.

(UserID=128671)

• http://www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/Microsoft_SQL_Server/Q_20748635.html

My Blog: http://dineshasanka.spaces.live.com/

• I am having similar problem and dont have access to expert-exchange. My DB size is 6GB and there is a 6GB+ available space on the disk, but when i run this partucular query, the TEMPDB grows enourmous. How can i handle this situation.

INSERT INTO DAILY_DATA_TAB

SELECT T.TSTAMP,T.INSTANCE_ID,NULL AS MSC_NAME,NULL AS BSC_NAME,NULL AS BCF_NAME,NULL AS SEGMENT_NAME,NULL AS BTS_NAME,

'UPLINK_QUAL_NOM'= (SUM(C.FREQ_UL_QUAL0+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL1+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL2+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL3+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL4+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL5)),

'UPLINK_QUAL_DNOM'=(SUM(C.FREQ_UL_QUAL0+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL1+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL2+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL3+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL4+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL5+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL6+C.FREQ_UL_QUAL7)),

'DLINK_QUAL_NOM'=(SUM(C.FREQ_DL_QUAL0+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL1+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL2+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL3+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL4+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL5)),

'DLINK_QUAL_DNOM'=(SUM(C.FREQ_DL_QUAL0+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL1+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL2+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL3+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL4+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL5+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL6+C.FREQ_DL_QUAL7)),

SUM(T.AVE_MS_BS_DIST)*550/1000 AS AVE_MS_BS_DIST,

'ERLANGS' = CASE WHEN (SUM(W.RES_AV_DENOM14))=0 THEN 0

ELSE (SUM(W.AVE_BUSY_TCH)/AVG(W.RES_AV_DENOM14)) END,

(SUM(B.TCH_NEW_CALL_ASSIGN)) AS TCH_NEW_CALL_ASSIGN,

SUM(B.SPARE057044) AS RD,

SUM(B.TCH_CALL_REQ) AS TCH_CALL_REQ,

SUM(B.TCH_NORM_SEIZ) AS TCH_NORM_SEIZ,

SUM(B.TCH_RADIO_FAIL_CELL) 

FROM WM_BSS_BTS_TAB B

INNER JOIN WM_BSS_BTS4_TAB W ON B.INSTANCE_ID=W.INSTANCE_ID AND B.TSTAMP=W.TSTAMP

INNER JOIN WM_BTS_TRX_AGGR_TAB T ON W.INSTANCE_ID=T.INSTANCE_ID AND W.TSTAMP=T.TSTAMP

INNER JOIN VW_CURTRX C ON T.INSTANCE_ID=C.INSTANCE_ID AND W.TSTAMP=T.TSTAMP

WHERE T.TSTAMP='07/28/2004'

GROUP BY T.TSTAMP,T.INSTANCE_ID

• You can preallocate more space to tempdb. It is possible that it is trying to grow to accomodate the query and it is too slow, so the optimizeer reports an error.

Also, be sure that the growth number for tempdb, perhaps 10%, won't exceed the free  disk space. It won't grow less than that amount.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply