The Results Tab

• Thanks, learned something new!!!

• paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)

Bhaskar.Shetty (5/1/2014)

The good one and part of our Daily routine

Is it? I can't recall a situation where I've actually used this facility, although I knew the correct answer...would be interested to know what people use this for?

Same here. I don't recall ever even thinking I needed this.

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• I believe in Management Studio 2012 that Ctrl+R doesn't work anymore, unless you customize a shortcut.

• george sibbald (5/2/2014)

paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)

Is it? I can't recall a situation where I've actually used this facility, although I knew the correct answer...would be interested to know what people use this for?

to see the whole query without having to scroll - i.e. for readability

+1

• Thomas Abraham (5/2/2014)

paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)

+1 Great question Steve. Easy one to end the week on.

Everything is awesome!

• ssimmons 2102 (5/2/2014)

I believe in Management Studio 2012 that Ctrl+R doesn't work anymore, unless you customize a shortcut.

Works for me by default and in 2014. If you have a new install and chose the VS settings, then it might not.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/2/2014)

ssimmons 2102 (5/2/2014)

I believe in Management Studio 2012 that Ctrl+R doesn't work anymore, unless you customize a shortcut.

Works for me by default and in 2014. If you have a new install and chose the VS settings, then it might not.

Works fine on SQL 2012 DEV EDT (by default), I see a menu sub-item under Windows->Show Result Pane CTRL+R.

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• Easy one. Thanks Steve!

• If it is not working then take a look at this: CTRL + R not working in SSMS 2012

😎

• Really a day to day usage part... 🙂

• Bhaskar.Shetty (5/1/2014)

The good one and part of our Daily routine... Still only 60% correct answers !!!

Thanks

The good one and part of YOUR Daily routine! not us, I never used this feature before, no need for it at all in my business.

• sqlnaive (5/3/2014)

Really a day to day usage part... 🙂

Would you please share with us what is the usefulness of hiding the results pane in production databases?!

• Thomas Abraham (5/2/2014)

paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)

+1

• george sibbald (5/2/2014)

paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)

to see the whole query without having to scroll - i.e. for readability

You can drag & drop that border line between query pane & result pane to minimize the result pane.

• IMHO: The ability to quickly hide and show the result pane is very helpful, especially when working with limited screen estate (laptops, tables & mobiles).

😎

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply